The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for Opinions
Todd Pertll

Chicago, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 5:39 am    

Has anyone else heard Bruce Kaphan's album "Slider: Ambiant Excursions for the Pedal Steel Guitar." I was just curious to see what other people think about this album. I actually found out about it in a recording magazine and purchased it as soon as I could.

Bobby after I posted this I realized I probably should have put it in the "Steel Players" section...sorry

[This message was edited by Todd Pertll on 30 August 2001 at 06:41 AM.]

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 8:03 am    

I moved the topic, Todd.

I bought the CD directly from Hearts of Space when it came out. I love it! It's really one of my favorites.

I couldn't make a deal with HOS, but when they made it available via my distributor I ordered a batch and added it to the Forum Catalog. I know it's a bit expensive (most CDs from the distributor cost more), but it's worth the money in my opinion. Beautiful music!

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (E7, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (F Diatonic)
Sierra Laptop 8 (D13), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6)

[This message was edited by Bobby Lee on 30 August 2001 at 09:05 AM.]

Van Ertel

Lutherville, MD USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2001 5:38 pm    

I think I heard some cuts from this recording on a fairly recent Hearts of Space broadcast. It was a Hearts of Space broadcast in 1991 that featured the pedal steel guitar that totally changed the way I viewed the instrument. If I remember, that broadcast was made up of a lot of cuts from B.J. Cole's first album and a guy named Robert Powell, who I haven't heard anything about in a long time.

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 10:23 am    

Hey bOb,
Thanks for adding this to the catalog. I just sent in my order for this CD and since I've been on the Forum for a long time and haven't bought anything I'm ordering "Quasar Steel Guitar" too. I'm going to try to start buying some of the items ever now and then from now on. I really enjoy this Forum and am going to start supporting it more. I hope a lot of you out there will do the same.

------------------
Have a good 'un! JH U-12

Allen

Littleton, CO USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2001 3:10 pm    

I bought it right after b0b made it available. I really enjoy it. Not country, but very nice steel work and easy listning. My wife is a composer of this style of music for the piano, so she was very interested. She also enjoyed it and is looking for a time when we can collaborate on this style.

------------------
Allen Harry
Mullen D-10, 8 & 6
Nashville 1000