The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Can't find the Opry!
Tom Quinn

Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 12:24 pm    

In Sacramento, the Opry has disappeared from the teevee. I knew they were changing affiliation, but I cannot find their new network listed on my set.

Shoot! I needed my weekly fix of Tommy White! Smile

Michael Holland

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 12:47 pm    

Head DUE EAST.

------------------

Emmons Push Pull S10 | Peavey Session 400 | '52 Fender Lap Steel | Goodrich L120 & Matchbox

Steve Honum

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 1:38 pm    

The Opry was not on TNN Sat.night in L.A. too! Car racing instead! What's up? Has TNN dropped the Opry finally? It wasn't alot, but it sure was nice to know it was there. I'm so sorry I missed Dale Watson a couple of weeks ago. The televised portion of the Opry sometimes has those magic moments that jump out at you when you least suspect it. It has taken ages for my local cable provider (Adelphia) to include TNN on the westside. They finally supplied the channel (due to the WWF switching). Sure hope the Opry hasn't been bumped.
Hare mai,
Steve H.
S8A6

David Pennybaker

Conroe, TX USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 1:55 pm    

I believe it has moved to CMT now.

Too bad, since I get GAC.

Oh, well -- there's always WSM-AM on the internet.

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 2:03 pm    

I also heard that it was moving to CMT.

------------------
Lee, from South Texas

Tom Quinn

Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 2:07 pm    

Uh, what's CMT? Smile I don't have that one listed here in my cable guide...

pdlstl

Mineral Wells, TX
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 3:15 pm    

It has indeed moved to CMT (Country Music Television). CMT has been around longer than GAC and I wasn't aware you couldn't get it all over the U.S.

As the ads say, contact your cable provider and ask to have it added.

Earl

Grady Dodson

Huntsville, Al
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 3:16 pm    

I believe thats Country Music Television.Your cable company may not have it.I just tune in WSM 650 Am.I get it clear at night.I'm only about 100 miles south of Nashville.

Steven Knapper

Temecula Ca USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 3:57 pm    

It was bound to happen---since the Nashville Network became the National Network when CBS bought it, all the good 'ol stuff that was there---isn't anymore. When I finally signed up for cable sometime in the early '80's, the main reason was Ralph Emmory (sp?) and Nashville Now-----watched that show every night like church. Bobby Bare and Friends was another one I never missed, I believe the last time Steve Goodman was on TV before he died was on Bare's show (I have that show on Beta tape somewhere in a box). Times change and it's kinda sad. If you are in to wrestling and monster trucks, ya got it made. I for one am sorry that this has happended. Now, I guess I have to fight to get CMT on my cable co., used to have CMT years ago, first time I saw Nanci Griffith was on CMT. Just a opinion from an 'ol country boy, who grew up out of place in So. CA.

Gene Sharp

Cypress, TX. - N/W Outpost, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 5:39 pm    

Yes, it is on CMT. I watched it Saturday night on satalite. It was a good show as far as the talent went. Tommy played outstanding on a couple of tunes. The only problem I saw was the time lapse between songs. There was another Steel man who I didn't know. He was good with lots of clean pure country. They did one song and had about 8 min of in between stuff. I counted 6 songs for an hour show. Vince Gill MC'd the show and kicked off, keeping it country along with Tommy taking a long ride on his break. Brad Paisley, Ms McBride, Vince Gill, Loretta Lynn, a young lady whose name I do not remember and Little Jimmy Dickens closing. At least it is an hour show with the old opry "back stage live" information (which I could do without) inserted between the songs along with the commercials.
I will watch when I am not picking. Oh, yes, they had a repeat on Sunday Morning at 10AM Central. CMT used to be on my cable and they axed it so I switched to satalite.
Gene

[This message was edited by Gene Sharp on 20 August 2001 at 06:52 PM.]

Gary Boyett

Colorado
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2001 8:07 pm    

Here is how I listen to it in Denver. We have CMT but only late night. You can hear this anywhere. The sound is very good. The best part is it is the whole show. No interviews.

http://www.wsmonline.com