The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rebuttal to Seymour on Happy Steel Guitar LP
Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2001 10:10 pm    

I have to disagree with Seymour about the Happy Steel Guitar album. I dug it out of the LP shelf and am playing it as I am typing this. I think is sound pretty good and I always did. Bobby, the copywrite on my album says 1976. is that the year that you recorded it or just a reissue? Also what steel and amp did you use and where was it recorded? Thanks Duane Becker

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2001 10:41 am    

Thanks for asking Duane, The guitar was a double neck Emmons P-P,Rosewood,8-5. The amp was a Sho-Bud single chanel, and yes it was recorded in 1976,as to my knowledge, it was never re-relesed,(I can understand that!). The complete session was done in four hours,then mixed,by Paul Whithead.
And yes also , this album was a great world wide seller,but I didn't know any steel players bought any. Thanks for the nice compliments. Maybe under the circomstances it was OK. I sure think a lot more of my later albums,the ones cut since 1991. But then----------
Bobbe

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2001 3:37 pm    

Forgot to tell you, It was recorded at Audio Media Recorders on 18th ave south,Nashville.
6 P.M. to 10 P.M. Studio "A" (the big room).
"Prouduced" (yea right) by GRT proudcer,Nelson Larkin,Who passed out drunk two hours into the session.This studio has since been sold,but was a great studio in its time.