The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Message for Dave Robbins
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2001 5:51 am    

Hey, Dave, this is Brett. I found a picture of you on Buddy's website, but I couldn't tell if the guitar was the same Emmons you played on the Opry with Jean Shepard. I want my second steel guitar to be a singleneck Emmons Legrande. I love doublenecks too, but I'm used to singlenecks. I hope to meet you soon. Brett Emmons S-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Dave Robbins

Cottontown, Tnn. USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2001 6:06 pm    

Hi Brett,
nice to hear from you!
The guitar you saw on Buddy's website is my '64 Emmons, which I play on special occasions mostly, and "occasionally" on the Grand Ol' Opry. It's restored (and retired?) and I pretty much want to keep it looking that way.

The guitar I play on the 'Opry most of the time is my Emmons Lashley LeGrande III. That is most likely the one you heard. I use it for 99% of anything I play. Great guitar, stays in tune, and "plays" in tune! It's the most "in tune" guitar I have ever played. "0" cabinet drop so there's no "moving the bar around" to try to play on pitch. It's an 8/8 dual ten, and I have the #108 Humbucker (Emmons) pickups for session use.

I'm sure you would be very happy with a single neck LeGrande III, if you're looking for that classic Emmons sound and looks!

Thanks for your question. Keep picken', look forward to meeting you too!

Dave

[This message was edited by Dave Robbins on 31 July 2001 at 07:07 PM.]