The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My web site and music
Austin A. Preston

Haines City, Florida USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2001 5:17 am    

Hey folks, My name is Austin and I'm a steel player out of Florida. (origionally from Louisville, Ky) I've been updating my web page, complete with music. (MP3's) If you have time, check it out, listen to some of my music and tell me what you think. Some of the downloads are kind of long, but I think there is something for just about everyones taste in steel guitar music. To see my page,
Click me!!!

In addition to the steel guitar tracks, I also played lead, rhythm and bass. The drum tracks were electronic. Oh well, I had to cheat a little have fun! - Austin

------------------
Emmons S12, Peavey Nashville 400, Talent: Jesus Christ www.geocities.com/rt_hawker

[This message was edited by Austin A. Preston on 01 July 2001 at 06:19 AM.]

Maurie Junod

Oak Forest, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2001 12:16 pm    

Hi Austin,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to hear
your very listenable music. By that I mean
a person can read a book while your music is
playing, in the background, and not become
distracted.

Many of us have been blessed, having grown up with the steel guitar as our main musical
focus. As a youngster my daily practice kept
me on track toward an honorable goal. I didn't have the opportunity to get into trouble after school.

By the time I was 13 we were playing every
week for some church in the San Gabriel valley, California. Usually Wednesdy night
prayer meetings. Twice we were invited and
played in Hollywood on the radio for the
Church of the Nazarene Sunday night broadcast. Boy that made a poor boy feel
proud.

You have progressed far more in your years
than I could ever hope for. Keep up the good
work. You have certainly been blessed by our
Lord.

Maurie

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2001 1:26 pm    

Hey Austin, nice site....Folks, here is one of the smoothest and most tasteful steelers around. The first time I met him I came to the jamboree he was playing as I had been offered the vacancy created by Austin's leaving to go on to bigger things. I remember getting out of the truck and hearing his playing in the parking lot. I figured I was in big trouble trying to follow you Austin!
He was also one of the first members in the Lousiville Steel Guitar Club. You are missed here but we're glad you're doing well. JO

Austin A. Preston

Haines City, Florida USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2001 6:57 pm    

Maurie, Thanks for checking out the site. I appreciate your kind words.

Jerry, It's great to hear from you. I've missed the steelers from Louisville but think of you all often. Thanks for the feedback.

I would also like to say a BIG thank you to my son David for all his help on the web page. He has been a great help bringing this page up to par. (He's also a great roadie and works cheeeep) - Austin

John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2001 6:33 am    

Austin,

Welcome to Florida pal! Great website.

------------------
Regards,

John

Steelin' is a way of life!

My PSG website-Carter SD-12-U, 8p/5k, Nashville 1000

Earl Erb

Old Hickory Tenn
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2001 9:37 am    

Austin,very nice web site and very nice picken'too.

Austin A. Preston

Haines City, Florida USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 5:30 am    

Thanks John, It's good to be in Florida. You have a great website too. And that Carter, Very nice. Would love to hear you play sometime in the future.

Earl, I appreciate the kind words. hopefully as I get more recorded, I can put some more music on so check back every now and then. By the way, I still can't get enough of your CD. I may need another one soon cause I think I'm going to wear the first one out.

Thanks again, Austin

------------------
Emmons S12, Peavey Nashville 400, Talent: Jesus Christ
www.geocities.com/rt_hawker

RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2001 9:27 pm    

Mighty Fine pickin'Brother. And thanks David, for helping 'Toby', (I can get away with that, because Austin is my Brother) We grew up in a Pentecostal Church playing guitar (not Steel) together for many years. Austin started picking steel guitar about 12 years before I did, & had the jump on me with a great start, with a fellow who helped him get started. His name was Carl Lambert, & was a super player. If I'm not mistaken,(correct me if I'm wrong,Austin)Carl plays all gospel music. I remember when Austin was recording his lessons from Carl many years ago, & if you ever heard them, my brother would crawl under a rock. LOL! Today, Austin can play & stay with the best of them, and I'm very proud of him. God has given him a talent that he has shared with many. He has taught me some licks along the way & had a big influence on my style as well. My first steel was his old Sho-Bud Maveric. My second steel was his Sho-bud Pro-1. (And like a stupid #@%$&^%*, I sold it,and wish I had it back today) My first electric guitar, (not steel)I gave to Austin when I went into the Marines in 1970, which he still has today, so I guess we Prestons' kinda keep 'um in the familey. Austin, KEEP PICKIN' A WINNER! Love your web-site & music. Keep up the great work
Your Brother, RON

Austin A. Preston

Haines City, Florida USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2001 6:17 am    

Hey Ron, Thanks fer all them good comments, Yer checks in the mail.

I'm just kidding. My brother Ron has been one of my biggest fans and one of the people that inspired me the most. After all, he turned me on to my first steel instrumental album "Dean Dallas and the Doughboys" and I was hooked from then on. He's also a very good musician as well, both on guitar and steel. Last I heard, he was working on a CD. Hopefully we'll be hearing some of his music in the future.

Love Ya Ron, Thanks again!

------------------
Emmons S12, Peavey Nashville 400, Talent: Jesus Christ
www.geocities.com/rt_hawker

RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2001 8:04 pm    

You are right,my CD at the present time is being cut as we speak. I have talked to several manufactures about the CD & cassette inserts,(price, style,& options,color graphs,ect.) The name of my CD is called "STEELAWAKE". This CD is a tribute to my old album I produced in Salt Lake City in 1988, which was called, "ASLEEP AT THE STEEL"
A lot of things has changed in my life since 1988,& to God I am very greatful. I just want to share my talent with all of those who love this great instrument we call Pedal Steel Guitar. And I would like to say THANK YOU, Jim & Jo-Ann Aycoth at the EMMONS GUITAR CO. in Burlington, NC. for allowing me to purchase & build my personal S-10 EMMONS (3&6) guitar. Without them,(and Ron Lashley Jr.) this dream NEVER would have been possible. You guys have truly made my dream of owning an EMMONS a reality.MANY THANKS AGAIN. I will keep everyone posted here on the forum as to my progress on my up and comming CD.