The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Message for Dave Robbins
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2001 3:00 pm    

Hey, Dave, I'm Brett Day, a new steel guitarist with cerebral palsy in my left hand. I play a 74 Emmons S-10 beginner pedal steel with three pedals and one knee lever. I am a huge fan of country music and the steel guitar. I videotaped the Opry Saturday night and saw you playing. I love the Emmons you played. I loved the solo you played. Great job, Dave! Brett, Emmons S-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Dave Robbins

Cottontown, Tnn. USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2001 7:02 pm    

Hi Brett,
nice to hear from you. "Thanks" for the kind words!
It sounds like you have started out with the right guitar! Hard to beat the sound of an Emmons. I too have a push/pull, a '64. You might be interested in taking a look at it on Buddy's website.
On the Opry Saturday night, I played my Emmons LeGrande III. This is the guitar I use on 90% of the gigs I play. The Opry is a real "hoot" to play, especially if you love country music. I have been playing the Opry for close to ten years now and never grow tired of it. But, it can be a real challenge too, with all the other great steel players who play there, especially with Tommy White right behind you!

My best to you!

Dave