The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  no sound
Joe Delaronde

Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2001 10:25 am    

Whenever I want to hear sound clips, I can't get the &^$^^$&*(&*^%#$$#@$@ Real Player or Microsoft Media player to work. They come load, and show the song is playing, but no sound. It's frustrating as H***.
My Biab works good. I can't play any midi, etc, files. NO SOUND!!!!!
Isn't there a standard player which will play ALL the sound formats and could it be made to default when booting up?
Joe

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2001 11:36 am    

Joe, a couple of things. 1st, make sure the sound file types are enabled in the "Volume Control" and the volume level is up for those types of files.

As far as MIDI, if BIAB works, any other MIDI player should work as BIAB uses MIDI to play songs. If you have another application that won't play MIDI files that application probably isn't configured properly.

Go back and check your configurations and make sure they are all setup and the volume control panel settings are correct.

I have the Windows Media Player (V7) and it plays just about everything except RealAudio files.

Ernie Renn

Brainerd, Minnesota USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2001 6:45 pm    

Real Player problems are the reason I've left Buddy's lick sound file up as wav files.

With the trent towards the MP3 format, I may remove the RA files and replace them with MP3's. I haven't decided, yet. File size is a consideration I must think about, too.

------------------
My best,
Ernie

The Official Buddy Emmons Website
www.buddyemmons.com