The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Printer Problem
Tommy Mark

Port Perry Ont, Can.
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2000 6:55 pm    

My BJ2000 Canon printer is acting up again.When I start to print something it comes up on the status monitor that the paper is jammed.However the paper only feeds about one to one and a half inches in and then stops. There is nothing inside that I can see to stop the paper from feeding.Can anyone give me a sugestion as to what might be causing this?This printer is only about a year and a half old and has not even printed a 100 sheets of paper. Thanks in advance .
Tom

------------------

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 3:51 am    

I had a Cannon and it seemed like it had a lot of paper jam problems. The Cannon paper handling mechanism seems like it could be better. When I got rid of my Canon BJC4000 my paper jam problems were gone.

Make sure you are using at least 20lb weight paper. Also some grades of paper, especially some of the recyled stuff, are not as good as others.

Go back through the printer again and make sure there is nothing in there. A small bit of paper could still cause problems. Also make sure the paper feed tray is properly installed and aligned.

Tommy Mark

Port Perry Ont, Can.
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2000 6:44 pm    

Thanks Jack, I tried different paper but it didn`t change anything.This printer has given me grief since Ive owned it.I am going to buy a new non-Canon printer tomorrow.Thanks again for your help. Tom

------------------

Les Pierce

Shreveport, LA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2000 9:30 am    

I had a Cannon 620 for several years that I paid over $400 for, and although I didn't have any major problems with it, it didn't even come close to being of the same quality printer as the HP 812 that I have now. (Which I bought for around $150 at Walmart). The HP is much faster and prints photo quality pictures stock out of the box.

I have used other HP printers at home an work for years, and I would recommend them highly.

Take care,

Les

Les Pierce

Shreveport, LA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2000 9:31 am    

I had a Cannon 620 for several years that I paid over $400 for, and although I didn't have any major problems with it, it didn't even come close to being of the same quality printer as the HP 812 that I have now. (Which I bought for around $150 at Walmart). The HP is much faster and prints photo quality pictures stock out of the box.

I have used other HP printers at home an work for years, and I would recommend them highly.

Take care,

Les

Jonathan Cullifer

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2000 11:42 am    

HP 842C. The best home inkjet for the money today: $149.99. I have an 812C and a 900C series ($239.99) and the 900C series prints no better than the 812. However, the 812 is no longer made, so the next best thing is the 842.

Tommy Mark

Port Perry Ont, Can.
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2000 6:05 pm    

I`ve heard good things about H.P. also.Didn`t get out today as planned,had to work longer than usual.Thanks Les,Jonathan,and Jack, all of your comments made this task easier.

Tom

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2000 9:20 pm    

I've been working with color printers since 1985. Printers that used to cost $3,000 back then can't match the quality that you can get at WalMart for $150 today. It's been an amazing ride.

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2000 3:15 pm    

I agree on HP. I have a Hp 712 and use it a lot, never any problem. I use 24Lb paper. It prints beautiful Photos too....al

Tommy Mark

Port Perry Ont, Can.
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2000 4:07 pm    

Thanks again guys.Just bought myself an HP 842c. Funny thing is tho the software is all in French!I`m going to try to download the English version.

------------------

Lori Smith

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2000 6:55 pm    

Tommy, you didn't have to go all the way to Paris for a printer. They sell them in the USA too!