The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ? For Mike Brown,on Nashville 400.
GARYPHILLIPS

SOMERSET, OHIO ,PERRY
Post  Posted 15 May 2004 4:39 am    

Hey Mike, I know this steel player,that have a Nashville 400 ,He said he drop it on its front.when he plug in the front there no sound, I think he said he can come out the back and it work.He is thinking about saleing this this amp,would be safe to buy this amp thinking i have it work on, and what would a good price for this amp like it is.Thank Gary

GARYPHILLIPS

SOMERSET, OHIO ,PERRY
Post  Posted 16 May 2004 7:55 pm    

Hello anyone like to try this one Thanks Gary

STEELIN FOR JESUS.

John Daugherty

Rolla, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2004 6:31 am    

Gary, look at the front of the amp to see if one or more of the controls has been pushed back into the amp. It could have broken a volume control loose from the circuit board. The power amp is working but the signal is not going through the preamp. The signal passes through a switch in the effects jacks. If a jack is bent it will cause this problem. If the circuit board is cracked, repeat after me.... our father who art.....
I would not want to invest more than $100 in this amp. If the seller says it is only a small problem, I suggest telling the seller to fix the small problem before you buy it.
Good luck ..... John ..

GARYPHILLIPS

SOMERSET, OHIO ,PERRY
Post  Posted 17 May 2004 11:29 am    

hey John, I will talk to guy, and take a look at the amp.if there a problem in Nashville on 400 st,
Thanks Gary

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2004 12:21 pm    

Hello Gary,
Without benchtesting the amp or checking the various inputs and outputs, it difficult to determine whether it is worth repairing or not. Call me and we'll try to figure out what the best route is for you. When a product is damaged, it is almost impossible to say that it is still 100%.

By the way, I am off on weekends, so I don't reply to e-mails until Monday mornings.

Thanks for the help, John.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
1-877-732-8391

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 17 May 2004 1:04 pm    

Gary, it's hard to know what the problem is until it's opened up. Could be a jack broken loose, a bad control, or just a bad connection somewhere. That said, amps that don't work usually sell for about 1/2 their book value. Since this model, if working, would bring no more than $300-$375 used, offer no more than half of that, or $150-$190 for a broken one.