The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Goodrich Matchbro ?
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2000 6:58 am    

Whats the difference in the matchbro and the superbro?I tried the matchbro back in 95 and wasn't impressed.Have they improved it greatly? Thanks bb

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2000 7:43 am    

The new model is supposed to be "new and improved". However, I get a great sound out of my old original model. I listened to the test setup Goodrich had at the 99 St Louis convention and didn't hear anything different or improved from mine.

I have the original model, with the two adjustment controls (and the tone control that works in the bypass position). They later came out with a model that was fixed and didn't have the external controls. The new model has the two external controls again. The biggest thing I see in the new model is in the bypass circuitry. In mine in "bypass" it puts basically a matchbox in line. In the new model when it is in bypass it completely bypasses the unit.

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2000 9:14 am    

Thanks Jack,What do you know about the model that has the factory or fixed presets.Does it work like a matchbox when it's turned off?

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2000 3:50 pm    

I'm not sure about that model. I've never seen one, other than on sale at the Goodrich booth. The test unit they had in 99 was the latest model with the adjustment controls.