The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton DIGITAL SUSTAIN
Steel tryin

Macon, Ga.
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2000 12:51 pm    

I've noticed these units showing up regularly in BUY&SELL. What's the final verdict on this item. Is it just a
MICROPROCESSOR version of the Goodrich MATCHBOX supersustain?????

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2000 6:17 pm    

My guess is, these folks were so impressed with Keith's craftsmanship, they bought his new volume pedal that has the circuitry built in. Now they don't need the Digital Sustain unit. I've had one of these units for several years now and won't leave home without it. They're great.

Lee, from South Texas

P Perry

Lebanon, OH, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2000 3:35 am    

I visited Keith back in November. He has quite an operation, and just a great guy too. Keith told me as far as the digital sustain units he has kind of "shot himself in the foot with his volume pedal". It is one great pedal.

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2000 7:51 am    

Lee is correct! I have my Hilton Digital Sustain device on the Buy & Sell because I purchased the Hilton volume pedal that has the digital sustain included in the pedal.

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2000 8:15 am    

Thanks for using my products Lee,Len and Phil, I feel honored. All of what Phil,Len and Lee said is true. I did shoot myself in the foot when I put the Digital Sustain inside my infrared pedal. The Digital Sustain was originally designed for use with a 500K pot pedal. For a time, a lot of people thought my infrared pedal was only a 500K pot pedal with a active circuit. I think now most people know there isn't a volume pot in my pedal. The Digital Sustain 8 pin IC chip is not the only IC chip inside my pedal. There is another 16 pin processing chip. That is why the sound of my pedal is different than the sound of the Digital Sustain used with a 500K pot pedal. I was aware that putting the Digital Sustain inside the pedal, as the pedal's first stage, would hurt sales of the Digital Sustain box. At least I was honest with people, and that's what matters most to me. I really feel blessed and honored having so many great players using my products. I also feel very lucky in having a great friend like Hartley Peavey. Hartley has helped me a great deal with my electronic adventures.

[This message was edited by Keith Hilton on 22 November 2000 at 08:16 AM.]

[This message was edited by Keith Hilton on 22 November 2000 at 08:17 AM.]

Bob Mainwaring

Qualicum Beach Vancouver Island B.C. Canada
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2000 9:27 am    

What everyone is saying about the Hilton pedal goes for me too.
One guy in the band was amazed at the length of sustain I puposely "resolved" at the end of one particular number we played last weekend.
Keith is very helpful with any of his offerings and is quick to return any e-mails with answers to your questions.

Bob Mainwaring. Z.Bs. and other weird things.

------------------