The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RC2000 Midi Handcontroller
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2000 8:34 am    

Mike Brown
posted 14 November 2000 08:30 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are a Transtube Fex, Tubefex, Transfex Pro, Transfex Pro 212S, Session 2000 or Profex II user, I wanted to make you aware of a product that we manufacture called the RC2000. This is a leg mountable midi handcontroller with the same LCD display, capability of manipulating up to two continuous controllers per preset, bank and tuner select buttons and ten numeric buttons for selecting presets.
This allows you to select your presets from the leg of your guitar instead of turning around to see the LCD screen or mounting your effects units in a rack case to place on the floor beside you.

Check it out on our website at "www.peavey.com" under products, then select "Amps and Musical Instruments". As always, I will always make you aware of products that will make your performing life easier. Contact me toll free at 1-877-732-8391 inside the U.S. and at (601)483-5365 outside the U.S. if you have questions.

Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2000 8:50 am    

Mike:

Will this device work with non-Peavey MIDI equipment?

Is it sending standard MIDI Patch and Controller data?

What does the display display?

The site says tuner display is specific to the listed Peavey products, which makes sense- is the whole unit Peavey device specific or could one use it to change bank and patches on other MIDI stuff?

inquiring mind wants to know

Dave Alfstad

Indianola, IA USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2000 11:47 am    

Also, I'd like to know what the list price on this item is?

------------------
Dave Alfstad
Indianola, Iowa

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2000 10:49 pm    

Hi Mike-
I saw a player in our Trufant Jam with a 2000 and that control unit on the leg of his steel. Looked great and he was proud of it and loved it......good idea.....al

Dave Smith

Whipple/Marietta, OH USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2000 6:45 am    

I got the RC2000 when I got my Session 2000. I love it!!! I got mine from Carter and John Fabian has developed a modified leg attachment that is far superior to the stock clamp arrangement that comes with the unit.

I have never tried it with my TubeFex/Mosvalve 1500 rack system. I learned something from this thread since it never dawned on me to try it. Isn't that important however since I keep the rack right at my side when playing. For the Session 2000, however, I can't imagine playing without it.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2000 9:31 am    

The RC2000 is a standard MIDI controller which should work fine with other MIDI gear as it does send standard MIDI patch and controller data. It should also work fine with other MIDI capable gear. However, the chromatic tuner is specific to Peavey products and won't work if your master unit does not have a tuner. The Peavey Profex II does not have a tuner, so again, the tuner mode does not function with this unit.

When using with one of the listed Peavey products in my previous post, the LCD display will show the name of the preset, the tuner display, MIDI channel select.

The U.S. MSRP for the RC2000 is $199.99 and can be purchased at your local authorized Peavey dealer. You can locate your nearest dealer at www.peavey.com.