The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Goodrich Lo-boy volume pedal
Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2000 8:01 pm    

Does the Goodrich Low profile pedal have a different response curve than the standard height pedal? The one I have seems a little quicker than the pedals I've used in the past. I appreciate your comments.
Thanks, Bob

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2000 8:22 pm    

The hinge point on the Goodrich Low Profile pedal is set back to the rear 3/4 of a inch further than their Standard Pedal. This gives the Low Profile pedal a quicker feel. Actually the up and down movement of their Low Profile pedal is about the same as their Standard pedal. About 1 1/2 inches. This small set-back of the hinge point changes the feel. It feels much faster. My Standard Pedal and Low Profile pedal have the hinge points in the same place as Goodrich. These hinge points have been worked out for people sitting down. A lot of the people who stand up, like guitar players, like the hinge point in the middle. When most people buy a low profile pedal, only one thing is on their mind. That is, "Getting the lowest possible pedal". Most people never realize that the action, or feel is different because of the hinge point.

------------------