The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Have you tried Using JBL Eon extensions?
Harold Parris

Piedmont, Alabama USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2000 11:37 am    

I bought a pair of JBL Eon 15 powered speakers the other day. Being a "forever searching for that sound steel player", I came off the second speaker jack of my old Session 400 and looped into (1) of the Eons. Man you should try these speakers driven by your favorite amp. They are awesome. I wouldn't advise you to go out and buy a speaker or pair just to try, as they are rather expensive. If you get near some in your ventures I suggest you try them. I live in Northeast Alabama and if your in this neck of the woods I will be delited to let you hook into my speaker.

------------------
Harold Parris

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2000 2:05 pm    

The JBL Powered EON units have a power amplifier in the speaker enclosure. I don't believe your supposed to go from your speaker output of one amp to the input of another amp as it would cause damage to both units. JBL also makes an EON unpowered speaker unit. Could that be the enclosure you are referring to? I have a pair of the Powered EON speakers that I use for monitors and never thought of trying my steel guitar through them. I will give it a try.

Harold Parris

Piedmont, Alabama USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2000 12:53 am    

You would run very low volume on the Eon if you come off the external speaker jack of you amp. You can also come off the preamp out jack very safely. I've tried it both ways for 3 or 4 hours at a time with no problem. The Eon has a built in crossover and if you just came thru a board with a little eq and reverb you will be pleased. It has that bottom punch and clean highs we are looking for and you will not overdrive them. That is impossible. Try it, you'll love it.

------------------
Harold Parris