The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Amp set-up sequence???
Gord Cole

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2000 9:08 am    

'Techno-dolt' here! I'm just starting to play out a little in small venues and have recently acquired a used Peavey Bandit. I have downloaded the Peavey manual. I'm just wondering if there is a usual and common step-by-step sequence/procedure that you use that might hasten my learning curve with amp set-up (and also the remote reverb/effects foot switch) Any help appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
Gord

Gord Cole

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2000 8:29 am    

EeeGads! I think I've just disproved the statement: "The only stupid question is an unasked question"!!! ???

[This message was edited by Gord Cole on 27 September 2000 at 09:42 AM.]

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2000 1:12 pm    

Well Gord, since no one else is volunteering, I guess your stuck with my 2 cents worth. I usually set the bass wide open, the shift control low (about 8 o'clock), treble somewhere between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, and about "noon" on the presence. I'm not familiar with that particular amp, but maybe this will give you a decent starting point, anyway. As far as the effects, just use whatever you like. I use reverb most of the time, and once in awhile the medium delay. (It's sure a shame we can't use them both at the same time!)

Gord Cole

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2000 8:27 am    

Donny:
Thank you. I'll start with your suggestions plus with the settings in the manual I should find something that is workable. I just thought that maybe I should be starting with a certain knob "function x" and ending with knob "function y" as opposed to perhaps another way around. I appreciate your info. Regards.
Gord