The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Session 2000
Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2000 12:00 am    

Anyone have the Session 2000 yet? Has it been released, and, if so, what's the take on it? I understand that it has the onboard tubefex with controls attached to the guitar leg. If the price is not in orbit, I'll part with my NV1000 and make the switch.

David Pennybaker

Conroe, TX USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2000 7:09 am    

Jim,

They've got them up at Carter's Steel Guitar in Mesquite, TX.

I saw one up in Del City, OK earlier this month.

Yes, it has the tubefex on it. It replaces the entire top panel of the NV1000 (low, mid, high, etc).

The list price is only $300 more than the Nashville 1000.

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

[This message was edited by David Pennybaker on 24 September 2000 at 08:09 AM.]

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2000 12:50 pm    

I don't think it has a "TubeFex" in it. last time I checked there were no tubes in it. The TubeFex is a tube preamp/processor unit. It is more like the processor section of a Transtube Fex.

Jim Florence

wilburton, Ok. US * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2000 5:17 am    

I bought one of the first ones built. It is great but be prepared to spend some time learning to use it. If you have experience with a processor you,ll have no trouble. Like a kid in the candy store, there are so many glorious features, I still have a tough time deciding what programs to use. I have it and the PX300 (companion power amp), and the remote control.
Jim

------------------

David Weaver

Aurora, CO USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2000 6:18 am    

I have one that I have had for about a month. I am just using the pre-sets. I think it's great. The pre-sets have names like "Jeffs 2000" or "Pierced Ears". I chose this amp because it is made for steel and the pre-sets are for steel too. Gives me a good opportunity to hear and play with a lot of sounds. It has output to send to a mixer, global adjustments (adjust input and output global volume etc) and a built in tuner that is designed for steel. They thought of everything.

To me its a great teacher of sounds, effects, and technology.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2000 8:14 am    

Download the Transtube Fex listing I have on my web site. They will work in your Session 2000, if you want some extra programs. A lot of people are using these programs in their Tube and Transtube Fexes.
http://home.earthlink.net/~jestoner

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2000 1:09 pm    

Thanks for the use and support of the Session 2000 steel guitar amp. As a matter of fact, I just received new presets that you can use and they are posted at the end of this message.

Jack Stoner is correct in saying that the Session 2000 doesn't have tubes and the buttom manipulation is very close, but there is a big difference in the sound of the two products. Although the front panel controls look the same from a distance, THEY DON'T PERFORM THE SAME FUNCTIONS. The four mode buttons on the Session 2000 select four different amplifier equalization curves, ie; CLASSIC, MODERN, NASHVILLE and SESSION. When one of these curves is selected, it pulls up that equalization curve. So, the end result is that you can voice your own particular preset to your liking using one of the four curves, then add the effects that you prefer.

I'll be posting some settings created and voiced by one of our steel playing dealers in Canada.

terryb

St. Helena, CA USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2000 9:13 pm    

Is there a stereo powered output for an extension speaker (for playing in stereo)?
TerryB

terryb

St. Helena, CA USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2000 9:21 pm    

I guess I should have addessed Mike Brown. Can you answer this for me (regarding stereo powered output for extension speaker), please?
TerryB

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2000 5:43 am    

That's OK, Terry. You can get good honest "everyday use" comments from the Forumites, which I don't have sometimes.

The Session 2000 has a stereo processor and a mono power amplifier. So, what this means is that it would require a second powered extension speaker(Peavey PX300 powered extension speaker cabinet) in order to obtain a stereo setup. The PX300 can be used with any Peavey amp that has a preamp output jack. It comes equipped with the same 300 watt digital power amp that the Session 2000 and Nashville 1000 has and also a level control. The Session 2000 does not have a powered output for an extension speaker.

For more information, contact me toll free in the U.S. at 1-877-732-8391 or you can contact me by e-mail at "mikebrown@peavey.com".