The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 1000 settings I use
John LeMaster

North Florida
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2000 7:31 am    

After trying the suggested eq settings for my Nashville 1000, plus a whole bunch of experimenting, I finally have come up with something that sounds good to me. (My pickups are L-710).

Low +10
Mid - 9
Shift 650
High +8
Pres. -3

The settings on this amp seem to be very critical. It seemed easier to get a good tone from a Nashville 400. I didn't use nearly as much High on the 400. And, the shift sounded better at 800 with the mid all the way back.

The 1000 is super clean, and with the above settings, the string separation is superior. As info, I use a Boss DD-3 and I use the pre-eq patch for volume pedal. I only go about 2.5 on the amp reverb.

It is a fine amp - glad I bought it, now that I have figured out how to make it sound good to my ear. The presence and the high settings I am using are not what I would have expected, but they work well.

John L.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2000 6:02 am    

Thanks John. Sometimes it takes experimentation to achieve your preferred settings.

We did much research, testing and acquiring input from our customers, dealers and pro players before we started the manufacturing of the Nashville 1000 and Session 2000. The feedback has been very positive and we will continue our research for future products.

As the leading steel guitar amp manufacturer, we value you comments and input. Please visit our STEEL GUITAR PRODUCTS section on the Peavey website at www.peavey.com

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation

John LeMaster

North Florida
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2000 4:07 pm    

Mike:

You are so right about experimenting. It just took the right combination of e q settings to make this amp sound as good as I had hoped it would.
It is undoubtedly the best steel amp I have owned. The more I play through it, the more I enjoy it.

John L.