The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 1000
Dean Brown

Austin, Tx.
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2000 6:53 am    

My NV1000 was in a fire a few months ago, but seemingly seemed ok (boy did it stink though!), but now it's starting to display some strange symptons. For example, If there is no effects plugged into the loop it hums bad. If I plug in a reverb or something it quiets down.

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2000 7:55 am    

We had a fire in one of our branche offices a couple of months ago. The computer equipment was not lost in the fire, but exposed to the smoke. We had been told that the black smoke acts like an acid on the electronic circuit boards, and that the computers and other electronic devices should be cleaned by a specialized company. Otherwise the equipment could give problems after a while. I dont know if this is the case with your amp, but it might be.

------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten

[This message was edited by Marco Schouten on 02 June 2000 at 08:56 AM.]

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2000 8:35 am    

Occasionally, we receive products here at the factory that look like they had been in a fire. Depending on what types of materials were burned in that fire could cause problems with mechanical components. Black smoke could coat parts with residue that could cause numerous problems. The best thing to do is clean and replace components that look or test questionable. That's about the best that can be done.

Dean Brown

Austin, Tx.
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2000 9:12 am    

Thanks for the information. I've thought about replacing the amp, but it wasn't cheap and it still sounds fantastic. I'll check out getting it cleaned inside.