The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Mike Brown
Lindley

Statesville, NC...USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2000 2:16 pm    

Hi Mike,

A few years ago I bought a new Peavey Stereo Chorus amp. I put it in my bedroom and it has all of about 5 hrs. of actual play time.
Its still a "New" amp. I want to start playing steel, and I thought it would be a good amp for that. High power..(I think)
The guys here have made me re-think it though. It says it is scorpion equiped. Why did they stop making this amp?

John Drury

Gallatin, Tn USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2000 7:44 am    

Lindley,
Good question, I bought mine on the recommendation of Bobbe Seymour. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have seen several steel players using these amps. If you decide to can it, let me know I might be interested.

John Drury
N.T.S.G.A. #0003

twohackers@hotmail.com

Jeff Coffell

Killeen Texas
Post  Posted 26 May 2000 8:57 am    

I have a friend that has an excellent Digital stereo Chorus amp and I think he wants to sell it. He's a sixstringer and bout a new HOT ROD DE'VILLE.

Jeff

Lindley

Statesville, NC...USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2000 2:21 pm    

John,

Thanks for the advice. It seems like a very strong amp to me. It concerns me though that they quit making it.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 28 May 2000 5:05 pm    

John,

I've used one for the last 5 or 6 years. While it doesn't have near the bottom end that I like to hear, it makes up for it with some good chorus sounds, and a lot of good digital reverb/delay effects. A simple "stomp-box" equalizer would probably help a lot. For today's sounds, it works pretty good. But if you're looking for old "Chalker-type" tones...forget it.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2000 6:04 am    

Hello Guys,
Sorry that I couldn't answer this sooner, but I have been out of pocket for the last six days.

The Peavey Stereo Chorus amp was replaced by the Peavey Transfex Pro 212 amplifier. Technology is changing so rapidly these days that we have to initiate these advancements by designing new products in order to remain competitive in the global marketplace.

We at Peavey strive for new ideas and features by introducing these products yearly. We believe that the best is yet to come. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here at the factory by calling 1-877-732-8391 toll free in the U.S..