The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Session 2000 ? for Mike Brown
Fred Murphy

Indianapolis, In. USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2000 1:25 pm    

Mike: At the New Philadelphia show I ordered a new 2000 amp. What I would like to know is, will I be able to get the same tone from it as I would get from the 1000. When I asked Billy Phelps to try it out, he inadvertently plugged me into the 1000 instead, because a lot of people were trying to talk to him at the same time, and he thought I wanted the 1000. I loved the tone of the 1000, but I wanted the effects on the 2000. I am not familiar with the effect programmer, so I couldn't get any tone I liked very well and I am hoping I can get the sound I want when I learn how to operate it.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2000 6:27 am    

Hello Fred,
I am very sorry for my delay in answering your questions, but I was out of town for a few days.

Yes, the Session 2000 has the same BW speaker, 300 watt digital amp and same cabinet as the Nashville 1000. The preamp of the Session can duplicate the voicing of the 1000 as it has the same active "tone enhanced" circuit that the Nashville 1000 has.

Call me toll free in the U.S. here at Peavey if you have other questions. My number is 1-877-732-8391. I'll be glad to answer your questions.

Fred Murphy

Indianapolis, In. USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2000 7:13 am    

Thanks for your answer, I was a little apprehensive about it, but I guess it doesn't matter now because I went ahead and bought the 1000 also. So now I will have both.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2000 10:11 am    

Thanks for your support. Call me if I can assist you. 1-877-732-8391 toll free.