The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Mike Brown
STAN REMICK

Mukilteo, WA, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2000 4:53 am    

I tried to use my Digitech 256 effects unit with my Nashville 400, using the pre-EQ patch connection next to the amp gain control but when I turned on the amp it just roared. When I use the effects unit in the same way with my Evans SE200 amp, (using the effects send/return connections), it works fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stan Remick

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2000 8:43 am    

Hello Stan,
Without knowing more info about the Digitech, it would be a "guess". Please call me with the specs on that unit and we can come to a logical conclusion. I can be reached toll free at 1-877-732-8391.

Darrell Alexander

Pasadena, TX, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2000 1:52 pm    

Stan,

I have a Digitech 256XL effects unit and I hook it up to my Nashville 400 using the Preamp Out/Power Amp In connections on the back. Its really nice and quiet.

STAN REMICK

Mukilteo, WA, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2000 4:07 am    

Thanks for the responses. I talked to Mike Brown at Peavey. He was very helpful. He also suggested that I turn down the Digitech output control to zero and turn it up until the clipping light just occasionally lights up.

I am going to try that in a couple of days and I'll post the results.

Stan Remick
Steel player for Mended Heart www.mendedheart.com

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2000 6:44 am    

Thanks for calling, Stan. I need to clarify something with you. You said that the Digitech has a clip indicator and after discussing the specs of this amp, it was determined that it was a "line level" device, meaning that it could accept at least a 1 volt nominal signal into its input.

The 'input' control is the control that should be adjusted and not necessarily its output. The POWER AMP IN jack on the backpanel of the Peavey amp will accept a nominal 1 volt, but this is not adjustable.

So, I suggest that you adjust the "input" sensitivity control accordingly. This might clear up the symptoms that you have experienced. We need to experiment a bit to determine what can be done next.

STAN REMICK

Mukilteo, WA, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2000 10:58 am    

Thanks to Mike Brown of Peavey and Darrell Alexander, my linkage problem between the Digitech 256 effects unit and the Nashville 400 is solved. I used the preamp in/out on the back of the amp and turned the effects unit input down to zero. After turning on the amp, I turned up the effects input to 1/2 way, just below the clipping point and I get great effects.

Thanks again guys.

Stan Remick