The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 1000
Sid Foster

Hughes Springs, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2000 7:02 pm    

HELP. Is anyone besides me having problems with the l000. I keep losing power. Right now it is not working and has been sent to Peavey and repairs made once already. Please let me hear your comments. Thanks

------------------

JERRY THURMOND

sullivan mo u.s.a.
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2000 7:46 pm    

I have had mine for about a month, but it has been played, about 100hrs without any problems, must be something in your amp only, because i know many others that are working fine also. Jerry

Steve Richter

Neenah, WI USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2000 9:12 pm    

I've been reading the rave reviews with interest. Mine never has had the power I would have expected. I got a "bad" speaker straight out of the box and still don't think it's quite right. Mike has requested that I send it in, but I've been in the middle of a move and haven't been able to. Right now it's just a relatively expensive practice amp.

jerry wallace

Artesia , NM (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2000 9:33 pm    

Sid,I bought one of the first 1000's in west texas/new mex in 08/99.. I have had no problems at all with it.It is on and/or played for at least 2 hours every day since then.

------------------
Jerry Wallace-LegrandeII,D-10,8+6,Carter S-10DB,3+5,Nashville 1000,Webb 6-14e,tubefex,profexII, ARTESIA, NEW MEX

Tom Ward

Port Charlotte, FL 33952
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2000 1:48 am    

Sid, You've just scared the you-know-what out of me! I received my 1000 last week, did my first gig Saturday night and fell in love all over again. No trouble. Then set it up to practice on Monday and as soon as I hit a few strings there was hardly any sound. I changed cords, by-passed the volume pedal, etc., and a few notes came out full volume then back to a reduced volume (about 1/4). After a while, it started working fine. Each day I try it again and so far it's been OK. Getting nervous about this weekend's gig. Tom

Arty Passes

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2000 4:36 am    

I got my 1000 in December - had been fine till about a month ago. Warming up before a gig, and lost signal, but not power. Jiggled the input cable, and signal came back - temporarily. It was not the cable, but perhaps the jack. Used a backup amp, and brought both to my next gig. The 1000 worked like there was no problem. About a week later it happened again. Jiggling the input had no effect, but a slight smack on the side brought it back, but kept shorting in and out. It's in the shop now, and I'll keep you posted on what the problem is.
Outside of that, it sounds great when it works....

Arty

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2000 5:23 am    

If you are having problems with your Peavey product, please call me toll free at 1-877-732-8391. I can personally take a look at the symptoms that you are speaking of if I can obtain an amp that is exhibiting them. Appropriate action will be taken to resolve any complaint or problem that arises with any Peavey amp.

I will say that a couple of steelers that have brought their amps to us for repair have discovered that the problem was actually a mechanical problem with a cable or other item in the signal chain and not the amp. So, please make sure that pedals, cables and signal processors are eliminated.

As you know, our past service record shows that we take care of our customers when a problem arises. No other amplifier company supports the steel guitar market like Peavey.

I'll await your call and I will contact you via E-mail. Thank you.

Dean Brown

Austin, Tx.
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2000 6:14 am    

My story is a little different. In February my 1000 was sitting in a club that caught on fire. The firemen "cleaned" it real good with their hoses and it took on a lot of heat and smoke. It still stinks real bad, but it works great and sounds great.

Slick Slider

Post  Posted 14 Apr 2000 6:37 am    

Maybe that same technique should be used
for the other amps(?)

Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2000 7:37 am    

henceforth to be referred to as the "Dean Brown Mod"?

Steve Feldman

Central MA USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2000 9:57 am    

Dave, Dave, Dave......
That was a good one....
Steve

Mikel Nelson

San Diego, CA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2000 2:27 pm    

I've had this kind of trouble with Peavy bass amps. The input jacks are a little large, so the cable vibrates around while you play. After a while, the jack gets looser and corrosion builds up on the contact points. When the cable vibrates to a certain position you lose the signal.

Serveral fixes: 1) replace the jack with a better one. 2) contact cleaner and some wedge to keep the cable tight in the jack.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 15 Apr 2000 9:03 am    

We use the best components in the industry in the design of our products. Sometimes, when overseas or odd cables are used with "any" manufacturers products, there could be differences in the tolerance of these parts. Please check to make sure your cables are in good condition. If they don't "fit" properly with other components, it could be the "other component" that is the problem.

We have incoming Quality Control here at Peavey, but it is impossible to know what type of cables are being used in the field. Call me if I can help. Toll free at 1-877-732-8391.

Dennis Manuel

Quesnel, B.C., Canada
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2000 7:48 am    

I had the same problem with a Session 400 LTD. The amp had next to nothing for power. Sent it to the repair depot and they said there was nothing wrong with it. The thing I could never figure out is why my Peavey Vegas 400 had enough power to pull the nails out of the wall and an amp with comparable power had zilch for output. I got frustrated with the whole scenario and went home and turned the pre and main amp pots on full and played aggressively as hell. After about ten seconds the amp started to work like it should and sounded great. I still did not trust the amp and finally convinced the store owner to get in touch with Peavey and get me another one. Peavey did send out a brand new chassis and I had no further problems.
My point is this. We all know what to expect out of our equipment and all the test equipment in the world can not and will not make up for a critical ear, settle for nothing less than what you expect. Peavey is a great company, their equipment is bullet proof and they do stand behind it 100%.

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2000 10:01 am    

Sounds like the old molex connector problem.

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2000 10:19 am    

I've had one of the new 1000's since last fall and have had no problems with it.

Arty Passes

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2000 3:33 pm    

My authorized Peavey repair guy here in Austin says he found and fixed my problem - a loose coil in the power amp. He was able to recreate the problem, and says its fine now. Picking it up tomorrow.

Arty

Dave Burton

Richland,Wa. USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2000 11:02 am    

Have had my 1000 since January and no problems so far.It has all the power my session 500 has! Sierra U12 8&5 Nashville 1000.

Sid Foster

Hughes Springs, Texas
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2000 6:23 pm    

Success, received my Nashville 1000 back from the factory in record time. During the past 20 years of owning Peavey Equipment I have never had to use their warranty service. I was very pleased with the service that they provided . I will continue to be a Peavey Owner and highly recommend the Nashville 1000, it sounds great. Thanks again for all your comments. If I can help any of you, let me hear. Sid

Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2000 7:55 pm    

Man, I've had my two 1000's a little over two months now and have subjected them to some pretty strong abuse in the band trailer. One was dropped by one of the guys carrying it into a gig and I play them real hard. So far they have been "killer" amps. I love 'em. My thanks to Peavey and Mike Brown.
BB
BTW Mike, I got the covers. Thanks my friend.

------------------
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 24 Apr 2000 6:55 am    

Our service department has is the best in the industry! And the good thing about our service department is that you still get to speak to a real person! Thanks for the support and for your use of Peavey products.

Mike Brown
Peavey Consumer Information Services