The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Nashville 1000
Chris Lang

Post  Posted 29 Feb 2000 8:33 pm    

Have any of you guys tried the Nashville 1000?........I was just wondering, I have one, and I think it is the BEST steel amp around.....

Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2000 7:19 am    

I have one on order and am also wondering how people are liking them.

Chris Lang

Post  Posted 1 Mar 2000 9:06 am    

Hi, Steve, I believe that you will truly love your Nash. 1000. It is not just a "redesigned" Nash. 400, they have relly done some amazing things with the tone circuitry. For instance, the 1000 has way more bottom, and (for like of better terms), it sounds FULLER, or RICHER. Almost like the amp. itself has a built in Aural Inhancer....I don't know all the technical stuff that Peavey has done, but I know they have done their homework!! Please let me know how you like the 1000, when you get it. I am at "lusband@aol.com"..Also, I have a Boss VF-1 effects unit, and I find that I rarely use it. The Nashville 1000 sounds that good!!....Also that digital power amp is super quiet!......IMHO........

------------------

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2000 9:07 am    

I don't have one, but tried one out in St Louis at the convention last year. What I heard I liked, however just trying it out in the demo room with a different brand of guitar that what I have, really is not a good test.

All the posts I've seen on here from people that have them have all been positive.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2000 9:27 am    

Thank you for your comments on the Nashville 1000 amplifier. The amp is doing great and will probably exceed our expectations in sales numbers. I believe that we are on the right track.

There are many reasons why the Nashville 1000 sounds so good. First of all, we have been working on the Nashville 1000/Session 2000 system for over 4 years. With valuble input from our customer base and our endorsers, we have incorporated their input with our new ideas. The 300 watt digital power amp is "transparent" and along with the new all wood cabinet and 1501-4 ohm Black Widow speaker makes this amp sound great. It's our best effort to date.

Unfortunately, we didn't incorporate the original 1501-4 ohm neodymium speaker magnet that was first shown as a feature due to costs involved. This extremely powerful, but lightweight magnet material would have reduced the total weight of the amp by several pounds. However, we did reduce the weight of this amp by approximately 3-4 pounds simply by using the digital power amp which doesn't require big bulky transformers which require a steel chassis to support it. With the small transformer, only an aluminum chassis is required for support. Together with the lightweight all wood cabinet the total weight was reduced to 57lbs. as opposed to the Nashville 400. It's funny, but the Nashville 1000 is larger in width by about 2 inches, but weighs 3lbs. less than its predecessor, the Nashville 400.

Check it out at your local Peavey dealer or go to our website at www.peavey.com

Let me know if you have additional questions and thanks for choosing Peavey products.

Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2000 1:05 pm    

Mike, what do you mean when you say that it is an "All wood cabinet" I thought my old NV400 was an all wood cabinet.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2000 3:53 pm    

Steve,
The Nashville 400 has "some" particle board in its construction, which is also "wood". I think that the sides are particle board. By using all wood cabinet, the voicing is different. We used to think that this was the way to construct cabinets, ie: solid and sturdy. But, within the last few years, we have also realized that the more a cabinet can breathe, the better is sounds. Being solid and well built(rigid) is good for certain applications, but by screwing the baffle in as opposed to gluing it in and by using an all wood contruction, the baffle and cabinet are allowed to flex, giving it the ability to resonate better for a better voicing.........which is preferable for MI applications.

We have made some great sounding amps in the past such as the Nashville 400, but we have realized that there is differences that can be heard by using various types of material.

We have never used anything less than wood or particle board, but there are definitely different characteristics by using various materials. If you will notice, every manufacture in the sound business today has or have used molded enclosures which sound great. It's just that our endorsement artists and customers' feedback from the all wood construction on the Nashville 1000 as well as some of our other amps, gave us reasons to continue our research. Check it out for yourself. Our website address is: www.peavey.com