The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quadraverb 2
Bob Craven

Columbia City, IN, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2000 1:05 pm    

A friend of mine asked me help him put some sounds in his Q2. I have used the original Quadraverb and the Quadraverb GT in the past and have got some good sounds with them. However the programming used with the Q2 is a lot different. Presently the patches that came with it sound like they are being filtered through a matress. No sharpness or clarity. I didn't wire it through the effects loop yet as I always used the preamp feature and had the processor in front of the volume pedal and amp. I will try that tonight.
Anybody work with the Q2 and tell me what I'm missing? If I just get some nice reverbs and echos my buddy will be thrilled.
Thanks in Advance,
Bob

Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2000 3:28 pm    

Hmmm...I don't understand that. The Q2 is lightyears ahead of those other units. I've got one in the main rack of our FOH effects right along side the lexicon and some fairly high end digital White processors. It more than holds its own. I don't remember what patch it is on as it is one of about six DSP units. I do know that it is our primary drum reverb. I used it in the studio for about a year on vocals before it went in the road racks and it worked just great with essentially no tweaking. A really neat trick with reverbs: Put the Alesis Q2 on a vocal. Now run the processed signal through another reverb...must be different brand to ensure an entirely different algorythm. It is pretty cool! Almost sounds like a Lex 400 or
some other big bucks unit.

------------------
Steve Stallings
Bremond, Texas
Carter D10/Evans