The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  American Legacy Guitar
John Bechtel

Nashville, Tennessee, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2005 1:02 am    

Does anyone know the Pro's and Con's concerning this {ESTEBAN} Guitar & Amplifier offer? click here I have a ’76 YAMAHA FG336SB Flat-Top Rhythm-Guitar w/Martin P/U, but; I'm kinda drawn to this offer by the small ‘Practice’ Amp. w/Headphone-Jack that is included in the offer. The price is very reasonable, but; does anyone have first-hand knowledge of the quality of both the guitar and Amp.? I seldom use my YAMAHA and it doesn't have a scratch on it. It should be worth a good price, should I decide to part with it! Please let me know what you know!
------------------
“Big John” Bechtel
’49-’50 Fender T–8 Custom
’65 Re-Issue Fender Twin–Reverb Custom™ 15” Eminence

[This message was edited by John Bechtel on 05 March 2005 at 01:07 AM.]

[This message was edited by John Bechtel on 05 March 2005 at 01:08 AM.]

rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2005 5:34 am    

John - I don't know anything about the guitar - but if you ae just looking for a practice amp - I've got a Peavey Rage 158 (Transtube Series) that has Clean/Distorion channels along with headphone and CD (or tape player) plug in - you adjust the volume of the player with the CD player. - It works great for guitar and I have used it in a hunting camp for steel - Not a bad tone for an 8" Blue Marvel speaker. Looks like new.I would ship it in the states for $80.00

------------------
Ron Petersen &
The Keep'n Tyme Band
Mullen Universal 12 - 1975 Session 400 - Nashville 1000

[This message was edited by rpetersen on 05 March 2005 at 05:35 AM.]

[This message was edited by rpetersen on 05 March 2005 at 05:36 AM.]

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2005 11:00 am    

Hey John,
I just had a student bring one of those American Legacy guitars in my shop. It is made in China, and on the heavy side. It needed the nut lowered and the truss rod adjusted in the neck to play well. I didn't see the amp. If your guitar is an older Yamaha, made in Japan, it is probably a nicer guitar than the Esteban... My two cents worth. Larry J.

John Bechtel

Post  Posted 5 Mar 2005 7:53 pm    

Larry;
I really have no doubt that my YAMAHA is a better guitar. I bought it new in the same year that YAMAHA put their ‘one-piece-top’ models on the market, however it is not a one-piece top. I tried every YAMAHA that Shot had in the store before choosing this one for it's superior sound plus the best intonation all up and down the neck. I don't play Rhythm-Guitar that often and feel pretty secure in my thinking that the ESTEBAN is probably good enough for my needs. I am more interested in the amp. and pocketing the cash-difference between this package-deal and my YAMAHA. This Yamaha is a very good guitar! IMHO I'm going to order this package and then decide if the guitar will replace my YAMAHA!
------------------
“Big John” Bechtel

[This message was edited by John Bechtel on 07 March 2005 at 12:51 PM.]

John Bechtel

Post  Posted 12 Mar 2005 11:17 pm    

Well, I placed my order this past week! So, I guess I'll have dah answers to my qveschuns in a few veeks¡

------------------
“Big John” Bechtel

John Bechtel

Post  Posted 22 Mar 2005 10:45 pm    

Well, I received my new ESTEBAN AL–100 Acoustic/Electric Flat~Top and the ESTEBAN G–10 S.S. Amp. early yesterday-morning. All I can say is simply, that I like them both and l©©k forward to purchasing a second G–10 Amp., if available! I'd say the Combo is well worth the price involved! You can find pictures on my Website. Just click here

------------------
“Big John” Bechtel