The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question For Larry Miller
Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2001 3:50 pm    

Hey Larry ! Where'd you go ? You just got me fired up ! Don't leave me hanging here with this guy. He might turn into one of those fish bOb has !!

Regards Paul

Larry Miller

Dothan AL,USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2001 5:08 pm    

Hey Paul, is he a rocker who thinks "Aw hell, it's just country, how hard can it be? I've played with a few of those in my day. There was an article in GIG magazine about that phenomonon. It read something like HEY, LEARN A FEW COUNTRY SONGS IT MIGHT EARN YOU A FEW BUCKS UNTIL YOUR REAL GIG MATERIALIZES. Then it went on to list some must do country: The Wildwood Flower, Don't Take The Girl, anything by Garth Brooks, Boot Scootin' Boogie, but Farewell Party along with A Way to Survive did not make that essential list of country songs! Go figure??! Larry

[This message was edited by Larry Miller on 28 June 2001 at 06:09 PM.]

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2001 5:16 pm    

I knew it ! I knew it !! He had one of those books a couple weeks back. I think I got to him musically when he hung a dirty old hankerchief on his tuning pegs. He heard
me ask someone if they had any old dirty diapers at the house (new baby.). I wanted one to hang on the end of my green Carter. I thought the color match would go well with OUR music. Is that something those shredders over in Humor do for minstral enhancement ? Well in this case It Didn't Work. Maybe a girl bass player.....

Regards, Paul

Larry Miller

Dothan AL,USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2001 5:21 pm    

Paul, Do you reckon he ever heard of rehearsal? I mean how hard could it be to learn Farewell Party? Of course, you would have to give a @**!!. Larry

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2001 6:16 pm    

I just told them: No more rehersals. It's like beating your head up against the wall 'cause it feels so good when you stop.
I know all watermelons have seeds but this guy went to seed years ago. And he still hasn't seen 35. Burn out must refer to more conditions than I'm accustomed to.

He looked at the pictures in my book (Pushin' Pedals published by Tom Bradshaw.)
and said; I didn't know you knew so much....
Huhhhh ? He was at page nine and wanted to know what I knew about violins ? Again: Huhhhh ? Pagenini; don't he play a violin ?

He plays a borrowed bass (not like bOb's !) with a borrowed amp and I made him a cord, I don't know why. He dropped it and broke it and I fixed it. He dropped it again and...

Then he broke an A string; he plays with a pick about the size of the Ace of Spades.
Got one at the house he says and leaves to get it. When he got back we found out it was one he had cut off and was too short....

One night he hooked it into the PA and bass was coming from everywhere. Then speakers went everywhere ! Lost 4X12 speakers. This is so weird, I couldn't be making it up.

If I wasn't so close to it for real, it would be funny but sometimes it's not !

Regards, Paul