The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Craig Dillingham
Ken Williams

Arkansas
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2001 11:07 pm    

Do any of you know Craig Dillingham? If so, does he have an email address?

Thanks,
Ken

erik

Post  Posted 1 Mar 2001 1:37 am    

Now there's a name i haven't heard in years. I bought two 45s of his in the 80s. They were produced by Mark Sherrill. They sounded different, like some kind chorusing effect on the mix. I liked it. Never heard it before or since.

nick allen

France
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2001 2:10 am    

Saw him about 3 years ago at the Hilltop near Austin, playing with the late great Jimmy Day. I believe he's still around the Austin area, or was quite recently. Herb Steiner or others in that neighborhood should know...
Nick

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2001 8:46 am    

I talked to Craig a couple months ago. We keep threatening to play a gig together, but so far, both of us have had good enough excuses that it hasn't taken place yet!

Seriously though, Jimmy usually called me to sub for him when he was double-booked, but the two times he called for this band, I was already engaged. I would really have loved to play a night or two in that band.

Craig is one awesome singer, fer sure. He's a baritone that can sing at the top of his range, then reach down and hit low notes that will rumble the foundation of the stage. Put him on a Haggard song and,... well, I saw Craig and Freddie Powers go through a medley of the songs FP wrote with Hag, and it was one of the most moving experiences you could imagine.

Anyway, Craig is still based in Nashville, last time I checked.

"The other" Billy Graham, whom I knew years ago in CA, and who has homes in Nashville and Brownwood TX, played fiddle in the band previously mentioned, and he might know where Craig is. I think Bill is on the Forum occasionally.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Ken Williams

Arkansas
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2001 12:39 pm    

Thanks for all the info guys. I worked with Craig many times years ago. This was during his LA Hayride days and he was about 14 or 15 years old. That was about in 1975. I was impressed with his talent but kinda lost track of him until I happened to run across some articles on the net the other day. I just wanted to get in touch with him to say howdy.

Ken