The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  the Phantom Of the Opry
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2000 9:04 pm    

It was a cold saturday night in Nashburg,Pete Fisher was driving through the gates of the Opry's backstage entrance.There was no guard to stop and check him out and the gate was wide open. He ran from his car and went inside. When he looked around there was no one in sight.He reached the stage area and it was 5 minutes until showtime. On stage were the lone figures of a standup bass player and a chubby grey haired guitar player.No Artist and no other band members. "Where is everyone" Pete asked? "They all Quit mr.Fisher" the Bass player answerd. "why?" Pete asked as if he was dumfounded. "They said they were tired of you telling them they were too old" this time it was the Lead player who answered.Just then a powerfull voice rang out in the Opry as if it was coming through a powerfull reverb."Mr. Fisher?" "Who's that"? Pete asked. I am the Spirit of the Legends past who worked and dedicated their lives to the Opry. "Who do you represent"? Pete asked."I represent the solemn old Judge,Roy Acuff,Jim Reeves,Hawkshaw Hawkins,Ernest Tubb,Justin Tubb,Granpa Jones,Minnie Pearl,Rod Brashfield,Tex Ritter,Webb Pierce,Marty Robbins,Hank Snow,Patsy Cline,Hank williams,Cowboy Copas,Box car Willie,Dotty West And Faron Young Who said if he was still there he would kick your a$$,need I mention more". the voice went silent."Never heard of them" said Pete. "Well its said to say" the voice answered "You will have to face them someday". "You will have to tell them why you are hell bent on destroying what they put their lives work into" providing you are not sent to the other place below. "Look you can't scare me I have power behind me I will make the Opry bigger ,better and more money making than it's ever been" pete replied."Oh yeah", the Voice answered "where are the people tonight"? "Where are the Artist you have been pushing around"? "where are your loyal staff band members"? "Mr.Fisher leave the Opry alone,better yet just leave". "You can't scare me", Fisher replied ,"Bill where are you" ? "lead player what ever your name is where are you"? "You are all alone Pete Fisher",The voice answered."Country fans are many. Treat them right and they are loyal until the day they die. Look around you Pete is that your future"? with that the lights went on and the announcer introduced Porter waggoner to a full house and the place went nuts. Pete sunk into his corner sweating profusely,was he dreaming,did it just happen. (to be continued)

Joe Casey

Post  Posted 6 Jan 2000 9:13 pm    

Just a almost repeat of a Off Topic post I thought never posted . A little different
written and posted 1/12/00
------------------
cjc

[This message was edited by Joe Casey on 06 January 2000 at 09:31 PM.]

Joe Casey

Post  Posted 6 Jan 2000 9:29 pm    

oops so solly

[This message was edited by Joe Casey on 06 January 2000 at 09:30 PM.]

Joe Casey

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2000 10:06 am    

What imagination? It's all true.

------------------
cjc

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2000 10:21 am    

If you build (play) it they will come...

If you don't they won't.

Pete Fisher should think about building country music and The Opry for the long haul, not simply for some short-term profit.

As a country music fan since the age of 12, I strongly agree with the comments on loyalty.

I don't mean to endorse it, but it wouldn't particularly bother me if all artists used the house band. On the other hand, Opry fans would surely enjoy the fancy-footed fiddlers in Shania's videos, eh?

------------------
HagFan

Joe Casey

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2000 2:34 pm    

Ron what if the "Hag" made an appearance ,would it be better to use the staff band? If Fisher want's to bring in the BiG" boys let him book concerts on off nights ,Hell that would be a great Idea except it seems Nashville is a Weekend tourist town unless fan fair or Awards.

------------------
cjc

Joe Casey

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2000 6:54 pm    

I have to feel bad for Marty Martel who never slandered Pete Fishy trying to keep us informed. One has to see the reasoning of Fisher he needs positive a$$ kissers around him to feed his lack of confidence.Marty being banned from the Opry as a journalist should also mean all others are banned.If Fisher wishes to challenge the "freedom of the Press amendment. It should be decided in Court with publicity galore.A threat given to Marty by Pete was totally out of line and if it affects the living of an individual,namely Marty ,Grounds for Lawsuit. Gaylord needs to be cut off at the Pass. MHO.

------------------
cjc

Bill cole

Cheektowaga, New York, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2000 7:09 am    

Hey SJ maybe Peters A$$ will go out in the middls of broadway instead of the jukebox

Joe Casey

Post  Posted 16 Jan 2000 10:16 pm    

Coming soon Pete Fisher Part 2."A night at the Opry"

------------------
cjc

Joe Casey

Post  Posted 18 Jan 2000 10:02 pm    

Riinng Rinnng. Pete Fisher can I help you? "HAY Pete this is Garth ,what is this rule I heard about a 12 appearance Quota"? "Ah don't worry about that Garth,2-3 times for you is Ok"," that was meant for the old Far er folks". "And what about me having to get rid of a band member to appear"? "Don't worry about that either ,I just made that rule up to give a couple of staff band members who have been complaining,They want more work"."OK Pete I was just wondering 12 seems like a lot you know I am so proud to be there".Ah don't worry about it Garth". "Ok I got to go plan my retirement and comback so I'll see you in a couple months". Rinnng Rinnng. "Hello Pete Fisher here". "Hey this is some of the old members We just heard you have a 12 appearance quota"."Your wrong folk's it's 52 and you all better make them or your out". "Pete that's every week we can't make that we have to earn a living"? "Look Folks Rules are rule I want to be fair and I am going to enforce them ". "We will have to check with the Union on this Pete". "Be my guest Folks but be here saturday". Click .to be Continued.