The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2 'Buds For Sale
J W Alexander

Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2005 6:07 am    

Have two for sale and looking to get one in the process. The following descriptions are courtesy of Ricky Davis, the new Mr Sho Bud!! Here they are (years are approximate) :

1976 Pro III D-10 8x5, round front big body with aluminum necks. Seems to be all original and Ricky thinks this might have been custom ordered since it is black and has an upgraded triple raise/triple lower changer. Original pick ups, tuners, etc. Asking $1400 + DHL shipping.

1974 Pro II D-10 8x4, walnut finish and wide pedals. Looks to be original but does have the older single raise/single lower changer. Ricky says there have been some additional raise holes welded onto the crossbar pull cranks. This is NOT a “hack job” by any means but I’m not sure how it affects the mechanism. GeorgeL pick ups added and the original Sho Bud coil tap switches have been removed. Asking $1400 + DHL shipping.

Detailed photos available; any other particular view wanted/needed for a better inspection is easily provided. There is one case in road-worn condition. I would be glad to answer any questions but since I’m new to PSG I might not immediately have an answer. Should anyone want both guitars as a package then I’d ask $2400 for the pair and share the DHL shipping charges within the lower 48.

Would prefer direct email since they would be answered more promptly. Thanks all for looking!

J W

Brian Davis

San Francisco, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2005 8:02 am    

Sent you an email about that Pro-II.

BD

Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2005 8:07 am    

Can you send me some photo's of the Pro III

Thanks a bunch

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2005 9:42 am    

Actually what JW ment to say on that Pro II; is extra raise holes welded to the changer fingers; as Sho-bud did that to the single raise/single lower fingers; right when they started incorporating the nylon tuning system. Then the next year, they made a double raise/single lower finger for the whole guitar; not just the strings that raise twice.
I've seen the two Sho-buds JW has for sale and they are very nice.
Ricky

[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 06 January 2005 at 09:43 AM.]

J W Alexander

Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2005 11:13 am    

Once again Ricky Davis comes to the rescue! I cannot even say how helpful, generous, informative and downright polite he is! This Forum is indeed fortunate to have members who are so accepting and tolerant of us who have yet to learn all this! Thanks to all who have contacted me----I appreciate the chance to answer what questions I can!

J W

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2005 8:56 pm    

A bump for my dude J.W. . A man who has everything I want but can't afford.

------------------
D.S. Rigsby
Wilcox SD10 3&5
"Don't knock it 'til you try it !"

J W Alexander

Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2005 4:33 am    

Hey Dustin----for you I'd do the "Let's Make A Deal" any time!! Your contributions to the OSGA deserves that much. Ha Ha

Thanks for the bump---just trying to move two only to add more ASAP!! The six-stingers call it GAS---Gear Acquistion Syndrome---I love that!

J W

Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2005 7:23 pm    

JW,

Can you please send me some pics of the Pro III ??

Is this still for sale??