The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Melobar 6-stringer - great for blues or R&R
Todd Weger

Safety Harbor, FLAUSA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2004 12:05 pm    

Hello fellow steelers...

I have a nice 6-string Melobar SLS lapsteel for sale. It does not have a case (I bought it used without one, and never got around to getting one).

I have more pics I can send via email to anyone interested. The previous owner replaced the p'up with a Hot Rails twin blade p'up. It SCREAMS! There are the usual dings/dents, but it's totally playable.

Oh yes - he rewired it too, so that instead of a volume knob behaving as that, it goes between single coil and mini-humbucker, sort of in a blend way. I never rewired it back to normal (I'm not that good with a soldering iron), but that could be done quite easily by someone handy with those things. It also has the padded underside, to keep it from slipping off the lap.

I'm asking $195 for it. I have it tuned in open D right now for blues and rock, which I think it's best for. I may have a clip of it on a tune somewhere, too, if interested.

Please email me at realfreedom@myexcel.com with questions.

Thanks!

------------------
Todd James Weger/RD/RTD
1956 Fender Stringmaster T-8 (C6, E13, B11); 1960 Fender Stringmaster D-8 (C6, E13); Melobar SLS lapsteel (open D); Chandler RH-4 Koa semi-hollow lapsteel (open G); Regal resonator (open D or G)

[This message was edited by Todd Weger on 29 December 2004 at 12:12 PM.]

Thomas Bancroft

Matawan, New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2004 1:13 pm    

This is a great lapsteel at a steal of a price. It shows that they make more than just potatoes in Idaho. Jump on it!

------------------
Mullen D-10, Melobar Rattler, Nashville 1000, Alesis Midiverb, Too Many Guitars!

Todd Weger

Safety Harbor, FLAUSA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2004 1:57 pm    

Here are a couple more pics. I forgot to mention that the $195 does not include the shipping, but I don't think it's too much. I don't want to guess or "pad" it though (as some of those Evil-bay sellers do). Some of them way overcharge for shipping. I'll try my best to do a mock-up of weight/size, to give as close an approximation as I can.

This pic above is detail of the bridge. Sorry for it being out of focus. I could not for the life of me get the camn damera to focus on the BRIDGE like I wanted, but hopefully, you get the idea. As you may be able to see, the highest string groove is deeper than usual. I don't know why this is, but that's the way it came to me. It doesn't affect playability though, and seems to work just fine. Just want folks to know about this.

Here's a pic of the back, showing the lap pad to keep it from slipping off one's lap.

This is a closer pic of the front. The pickup is a Seymour Duncan double bladed mini-bucker. I thought those were called Hot Rails, but maybe that's D'Marzio's name? I don't know, but it sounds great on overdrive.

Thanks again.
TJW

------------------
Todd James Weger/RD/RTD
1956 Fender Stringmaster T-8 (C6, E13, B11); 1960 Fender Stringmaster D-8 (C6, E13); Melobar SLS lapsteel (open D); Chandler RH-4 Koa semi-hollow lapsteel (open G); Regal resonator (open D or G)

Thomas Bancroft

Matawan, New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2005 9:14 am    

It ain't easy bein' Green. Bump this to the top!

Todd Weger

Safety Harbor, FLAUSA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2005 11:11 am    

B0b - Item has been sold. Please close this thread. Donation forthcoming.

Thanks.
TJW