The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For Sale: 8-String Lap Steel
Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2004 7:48 pm    

I have an 8-string lap steel that I've had for over 30 years and I'm not sure who made it? I'm guessing that it was probably made sometime in the late 50's or early 60's? The gentleman I bought it from in Arkansas didn't know much about it when I bought it from him. A forum member who saw a photo posted for me back in October, said it could be a Magnatone. The guitar is a milky-white plastic or resin-type material and its dimensions are: 35 1/2" long, 9" wide, and 2 1/4" thick with an 18" fretboard. It has three control knobs with volume, tone and believe it or not, a light switch! Yes, when I bought the guitar, it had an electric chord which when plugged in, the guitar lit up! I know just enought to be dangerous about a Pedal Steel Guitar let alone a lap guitar! Regarding its condition, I rate it as good. One forum member said he'd seen a somewhat similar guitar on Ebay some time back and the going price was $400.00. Here's, where I hope, you can see some photos I've posted at Village Photo: http://img.villagephotos.com/2004-12/912681 Just a note on how you can see the photos posted on Village Photos: When you click on the website listed, a page will come up stating "file not found", just click on the Village Photos logo and then on the "Photos" tab which will bring you to a page where you can click on "Unsorted/FTP Uploads". Thanks, CarlIf you can't see them, send me an email and I'll send them to you. I've just updated my email address to: choctawoaks@cox.net

------------------

[This message was edited by Carl Williams on 17 December 2004 at 06:28 AM.]