The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  steels for sale or trade
Bobby D. Reed

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2004 9:55 am    

I have two BMI's DBL 10 8&7 a Singe 10 3&5 on what I call a fram and a half, narrow pad.
The D10 is in very good shape. It is a lacquer model with a few shallow bar dings nothing major. Plays smooth and to me it sounds much like an old ZB which I love.
The S10 is a very good guitar that alsb sounds good and is a mica model. Both have origional good condition cases.
I also have a Sho-Bud that my Nashville sources tell me was the only factory D10 mica covered Sho-Bud ever made. I'm told it was made for Hal Rugg. I showed pictures to Hal at St Louis and he recognized it. It has 8 & 4 now but in the past it had several more knees for the screw holes are still there.
I have a beautiful little Sho=Bud? SD10 3&3. I've added a ? because it is not all origional. The parts are mostly Sho+Bud but the maple body has been rebuilt. It is however a beautiful guitar that plays and sounds good.
I have lots of steel amps such as Peavey, Fender, Evans etc..

BMI D10 $1500.
BMI S10 975.
SHO=BUD D10 WILL BE HIGH. ONE OF A KIND.
ATTENTION COLLECTORS
SHO=BUD $1250. MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE
AMPS SESSION 400 LDT, SESSION 400, EVANS 500LV, PEAVEY VEGAS 400, FENDER TWIN,ETC. PRICED FROM $300 TO $575.
ALL PRICES PLUS SHIPPING.
615 824 4187
PICTURES FOR SERIOUS INQUIRES. THANKS SO MUCH.......BOBBY

Brian Donegan

Red Bank, New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2004 8:09 pm    

Hello, what is the year of the fender twin and the price. Thanks,Brian

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 28 Sep 2004 8:19 am    

I DON'T KNOW THE ACTUAL YEAR OF THE TWIN. IT IS IN ILLINOIS AT A FRIEND'S HOUSE AND I'M IN TENNESSEE. I WILL ASK HIM TO CHECK TONIGHT IF I CAN REACH HIM THE PRICE IS 475..
BY THE WAY ,SERIAL # FUR BMI D10 IS 229. FOR THE S10 IS 337. I'VE HAD SEVERAL E=MAILS NEEDING THAT INFO. ....BOBBY

Jim Phelps

Mexico City, Mexico
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2004 8:28 am    

What would you be interested in trading for?

Brian Donegan

Post  Posted 28 Sep 2004 8:41 am    

THanks, when you check on the year of the twin can you also ask what speakers are in it . Thanks again, Brian

Andy Zynda

Wisconsin
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2004 3:12 pm    

Hey Bobby,
I spoke with you on the phone, but never asked for your number. Could you please email me your number?
Thanks, and I appreciate the call!
-andy-

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 28 Sep 2004 3:36 pm    

Hi again and thanks for all your e-mails and interest. I'll try to answer all the questions above if I can.
The twin my friend thinks is a early 70's model with Utah speakers. Still not sure of the exact year. Andy, my # is 615 824 4187, i have a pending offer on the BMI D19 but no final deal as yet.
As far as trading, if it don't eat or charge me rent I'll probably trade for it if it looks like it's a profitable trade.
Hey guys, if you want a special, one of a kind piece of Sho=Bud and country music history better take a look at this D10 mica 8 & 4 Guitar. I would post pic's here but don't know how. But wife will send on request (I hope)...Bobby

Brian Donegan

Post  Posted 8 Oct 2004 6:06 pm    

Do you still have d10, I tried to email but it came back undeliverd, I am having sending emails I guess.

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 11 Oct 2004 8:48 am    

Hi Brian;
Sorry you couldn't reach me. I have no explanation why, but I should have been on here more often but I've been busy doing other things.
I do still have the D10 so try me again or call 615 824 4187. Thanks again...Bobby

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 11 Oct 2004 8:53 am    

By the way, I still don't know the exact year of the Fender Twin. The frien who has it at his house just said it is silver face with master volume and utah speakers. He says early to mid 70's......Bobby

Joey Aguilera

Whittier, California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2004 9:12 pm    

DATING FENDER AMPLIFIERS USING TRANSFORMER CODES
INCLUDING "SILVERFACE" AND "BLACKFACE" AMPS

(Applies generally to Fender amps made after 1970 and prior to 1990)

In the absence of a tube location chart with rubber-stamped date codes, EIA numbers taken from the transformers may allow you to determine the date of production of your amp. These numbers always begin with "606", and are followed by three or four digits in various combinations. If three digits are present, the first digit would refer the units of the year i.e. ("7" would mean 1967). If four digits are present, the first two digits refer to the year i.e. ("66" would mean 1966). The last two digits would refer to the week of the year i.e. ("26" would mean the 26th week or approximately June). Here is an example: EIA 606-4-21 would mean the 21st week of 1964. It is also advisable to add about 6 months to the date to allow for time these parts may have spent in inventory storage.

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 17 Oct 2004 5:07 pm    

Thanks Joey for the dating info. I've been off the web lately but I'll call my friend right now and tell this info and perhaps he can date the twin....Thanks ...Bobby

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 7:18 am    

Here are the numbers on the Fender Twin
Stamped on transformer; FENDER 022889 EIA
606=649 CHASIS # A620805
This makes no sense as according to Joey's instructions, this amp would be a 60's model and yet it has a master volume control. ???

Joey Aguilera

Whittier, California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2004 11:03 am    

Here is a site that has some more info on dating the amp.
http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/ffg_faq.html#4

If I understand the directions correctly, and given the information you provided, I would assume that you can't determine the year with your code since there is only a one digit number for the year section. The page also gives this info -

Misc Dating Info:

* Silver face amps with the aluminum trimmed grilles are from 67 or 69.
* The fist Master volume controls were installed in 72.
* The raised "Fender" grille logo lost its tail around 76. There are exceptions to this rule like the the Bronco.
* Fender installed casters on some larger amps and cabs beginning in 72.

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 19 Oct 2004 6:35 am    

Thanks again Joey for that info. I checked my old twin that I bought new in '68 and sure enough it has the moulding around the grill cloth. I see George King has a posting and he is the friend with my twin so let's all bombard him for a picture or better discription. HEY GEORGE< GET WITH IT . I'll do the first of the hollering.
The D10 BMI has been traded. I will be sending a donation along with my thanks to the Forum....B0bby