The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons PP D10 8x5
John Jardin

Post  Posted 3 Oct 2004 8:17 am    

1981 Emmons D10 Push Pull Pedal Steel Guitar w/Sunburst lacquer finish. 8 pedals and, 5 knee levers, 5th lever was installed at Emmons Factory. Emmons Setup. Serial #2908D. Also included is Goodrich L10 volume pedal w/pedal bar bracket. This guitar is in excellent condition and case is like new. $2400 plus shipping. Seller travelling from Boston to Florida the end of October and delivery could be arranged on the East Coast at that time. Payments accepted are postal money order and Paypal. Thank you.
http://home.comcast.net/~jsjardin/DSC01009.JPG

above is link to picture, cut and paste address into your browser to view

Webb Massey

Villa Park, California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2004 8:45 am    

John, Sent you an email.

Steve England

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2004 7:26 pm    

Just wondering, This same guitar and description is also currently listed on ebay. What do you intend to do if you sell the guitar twice?

Webb Massey

Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 7:18 am    

We offered $2400.00 for guitar and John said he wanted to wait to see what happened on ebay. John, you have a bid on ebay, take it off of here. Not Cool.

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 1:05 pm    

I must agree with the comments here. I have posted items on the forum as well as ebay with a "buy it now." But, I always give priority to forum members on a firm offer and will remove the listing from ebay. Being that the listing cost on ebay is about $5, I did not lose a great deal of money. I also sell for a lower price to members!

In this particular scenario, I would remove the item from ebay and accept the offer from a member rather than hold out for a higher price. Just my thoughts!
Dave

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 2:09 pm    

EBay frowns on sellers that end auctions early if they're not happy with the amount of the bids in a "no reserve" auction. They consider this "Reserve Fee Circumvention," and it can result in possibly being banned from selling on eBay in the future.

From their "Seller's Policies" section:

Quote:
Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

If there were no bids on this guitar, no problem; but since a bid was placed meeting the minimum price, the seller is obligated to sell to the highest bidder. So, by going the eBay route with No Reserve, he may wind up taking less for the guitar than he was offered here in Forumland.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 2:13 pm    

I see by his profile that John isn't exactly a "regular" on the Forum. This is his first post.

------------------
Lee, from South Texas
Down On The Rio Grande

Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 3:41 am    

I don't normally get into things of this nature but if I wanted to "accept" John's offer here on the forum and then he said no I want to try for more then it was never even an offer in the first place but instead just a tease to see what he could get. Wouldn't be a pretty picture if everyone started using the forum and it's members this way.

Ray

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 6:53 am    

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=621&item=3752594007&rd=1

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 10:02 am    

From the Forum rules:
Quote:
Note that we require people who drive traffic to their EBay auctions through the Forum to pay the Forum a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.

John Phillips

Camden, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 12:07 pm    

Kinda looks like ole John boy has got his self between a rock and a hard place.Seems like he`s locked in on Ebay,probably didn`t know the format for a no reserve auction.The best thing to do now would be remove this item from the forum.Life sure get`s tegeious don`t it.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 1:31 pm    

I find it odd that nothing has been said or done to enforce him selling at the price listed here. He has two buyers willing to pay his asking price, yet he refuses to honor the sale.

I find it even more odd that a Forum member is the current high bidder for this guitar on his eBay auction.

Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 3:00 pm    

Lets see, maybe it'll go higher but he's looking at a considerable final value cost from eBay plus the referal fee from the forum. He should've just honored his original offer.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 3:09 pm    

The Forum's suggested donation after a sale and the finder's fee for referring to eBay are each 2.5%. Since he's selling in both places, maybe he should pay both - 5% plus eBay's percentage.

Regardless, it's not ethical to offer a product for sale at a fixed price, then refuse to sell it for that price.

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 8:23 pm    

WELL, I see where ol' John got 2 more dollars on E-Bay. Man can buy a lot of fish bait with that kind of money...

Webb Massey

Post  Posted 10 Oct 2004 9:35 pm    

Well, it cost me a whole $2.00 more than my original offer, but it's gonna cost John one heck of alot more. As you can see, the buyer on ebay is also a member here.

Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 11 Oct 2004 2:07 am    

Yup, John got an extra two bucks from Webb but he had to give eBay an extra $50.
Webb, I'm glad you got it after all, I just hate to see people treated like you were(especially in the steel guitar community).

John Jardin

Post  Posted 11 Oct 2004 5:32 am    

Emmons guitar has been sold
Please lock post
Donation to The Steel Guitar Forum is being sent

b0b,
I'd like to thank you for your tireless effort to maintain this wonderful forum. Like countless others, I have visited the forum daily for many years and do appreciate the knowledge gained from people like you, Herb Steiner, Carl Dixon, and so many others. The joy of the pedal steel guitar has been advanced by the Steel Guitar Forum and I sincerely thank you for that.

John Jardin