The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  F/S Magnatone 6 string guitar
Bill Taft

Sturgeon Mo. USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 4:08 pm    

This is the first one of these I have seen it looks good and sounds great 1 chrome pickup close to the neck and has a black pickguard the neck goes through the body has no case small crack by the 1st bass string but not through so no problem this is a nice guitar and light I have heard that Paul Bigsby might have had some input on the design and it looks like something he would have had an input on. It takes 425. and that includes S/H and ins and this could be worth a lot more the model is a mark111 on the headstock.ser# 50834

------------------
ZUM 2003 Black SD-10 3&5 1985 Evans JBL [4Session 400'S] 1975 JBL's. 1976 session 400 15 scorpion 8ohm.Randall Steelman 500 JBL. Session size cabinet 15 K130 8OHM. PX-300 Peavey powered 300 cabinet Black Widow. Hilton Pedal or Old sho-bud sometimes. RV-3 and a DD-3 Steelers Choice Seat. Two built Teles, and a hotrodded classic head with 2 12 cabint.

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2004 9:58 am    

Bill T-The models associated with Paul Bigsby are the Magnatone Mark IV and Mark V from the late '50's Both have two pickups and the neck through body construction-they are identical except the Mark V has the (Bigsby of course) vibrato tailpiece added-They have a distinctive control plate which is shaped in the fashion of "Mickey Mouse Ears" Since yours is a Mark III I am not sure if he (Bigsby) designed it although The Mark III was cataloged at the same time as the Mark IV and V

[This message was edited by PAUL WARNIK on 08 October 2004 at 11:03 AM.]