The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ZB for sale, or for the right trade
Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2004 4:39 pm    

I am resubmitting this post as the thought of using ebay makes me feel kinda cheap and trashy...I may, or may not be, but I just don't like to feel that way.
I'm putting my beautiful ZB SD-10 4x6 red sunburst up for sale, or trade. I recently bought a Speedy West Marlen and no longer play the ZB. It is now sitting in its case gathering dust. From what I have gathered, this ZB needs to be played regularly, or it gets very sad.
The ZB has been totally refurbished by Mr. Billy Knowles. It is stunning to look at, has no rust underneath, and is totally lubed. The ZB has the Brumley setup, more, or less. Pictures and copedent are available upon request, or you can look on Ricky Davis' House of Wood, or Dave Van Allen's ZB site. I have the ZB on both sites.
I paid $1,250+shipping for the ZB, and would like to get the same, but will entertain offers. I accept US postal money orders as payment. (an old strategy I learned from Bobby Boggs). I may be interested in a trade for the right steel. I am looking for a U-12 at the moment.
If you are interested and wish to contact me, email me at dunc1957@optonline.net. I no longer post my email on the forum due to the spammers and the scammers. I do have references from the forum that you could probably contact. They can only verify that I pay because I've never actually sold a steel yet...but hey, there's a first time for everything. The way this Marlen is sounding, I may be putting the Fessenden up for sale too.
Duncan

[This message was edited by Duncan Hodge on 26 August 2004 at 05:41 PM.]

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2004 1:57 pm    

Sale pending. I'll let you know when it is final. Duncan

Sidney Ralph Penton

Moberly, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2004 8:22 pm    

i wanted to send you a e mail but no e mail address. i have a carter U12 7 floor 5 knee i might be willing to trade for your zb if you haven't sold it let me know thanks sid

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2004 6:07 pm    

I'm sorry Sidney. I believe it is a done deal with a gentleman in NJ. If the deal falls through I'll let you know. The offer of the Carter sounde great. My email address is listed in my original post above. I use that one because the last time I posted my real email address in the forum I got about 100 spams a day.
Duncan

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2004 4:13 pm    

You can lock this one up, a donation is on the way. This beautiful ZB is on its way to Red Bank, NJ, about 25 miles from where I used to live. We could have saved a lot on shipping if only I owned it and he wanted it about 8 months ago. In any event, even though I currently don't own a ZB I still consider myself, as b0b puts it "one of those ZB nuts" and might be tempted by the right ZB D-10. Thanks for all the interest.
Duncan