The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ZB SD-10 for sale
Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2004 6:36 pm    

I'm putting my beautiful ZB SD-10 4x6 red sunburst up for sale. I recently bought a Speedy West Marlen and no longer play the ZB. It is now sitting in its case gathering dust. From what I have gathered, this ZB needs to be played regularly, or it gets very sad.
The ZB has been totally refurbished by Mr. Billy Knowles. It is stunning to look at, has no rust underneath, and is totally lubed. The ZB has the Brumley setup, more, or less. There is one rod that I could never figure out where it was supposed to go, but I figure that I never needed that note anyway, whatever it was. Pictures are available upon request, or you can look on Ricky Davis' House of Wood, or Dave Van Allen's ZB site. I have the ZB on both sites.
I paid $1,250+shipping for the ZB, and would like to get the same. I accept US postal money orders as payment. (an old strategy I learned from Bobby Boggs) I haven't decided whether I am including the case on account of I bought my Marlen without one, and it fits in that case.
If you are interested and wish to contact me, email me at dunc1957@optonline.net. I no longer post my email on the forum due to the spammers and the scammers. I do have references from the forum that you could probably contact. They can only verify that I pay because I've never actually sold a steel yet...but hey, there's a first time for everything. The way this Marlen is sounding, I may be putting the Fessenden up for sale too.

Thanks, Duncan

[This message was edited by Duncan Hodge on 12 August 2004 at 07:38 PM.]

Jim Peters

St. Louis, Missouri, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2004 6:38 pm    

Duncan, I never thought you'd ever sell it after you took so long to find it! I'll pass the word. Are you coming to St. Louis? JP

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2004 6:50 pm    

Great to write to you again Jim. I never thought I would sell it either. I just don't play it since I got the Marlen. The Marlen truly has "that sound", at least to me. I feel really bad that the ZB just sits there. I think it should be in the hands of someone who will play it. Heck, I'm even thinking of getting rid of the Fessenden too. I found the one that sounds right. I am still on the lookout for the right ZB D-10 though. With that one, I probably could retire.
I wish I was coming to St. Louis, but I just got married (again) and bought a new house in a place that looks like a jungle. I'll probably try and get there next year. But you and your wife have a place to stay if you wanna come to Florida. I'll send you pictures of the house.
Duncan

Dale Dorsey

Granger, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2004 6:56 pm    

Very pretty guitar. Wish I could get it myself. I can't believe this will last more than 5 minutes at the price you have. Someone will be happy. A little tweaking on the pickups, and ooh la la!

Chris Erbacher

Sausalito, California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2004 11:14 pm    

hey duncan, i am interested in your zb and was wondering if you are interested in trading for an emmons p/p s-10, black, original pickups, 3x4, sounds great, plays great, stays in tune......i almost bought the guitar you are selling now back when i decided to get the emmons, now i wish i had gotten the zb instead. i can probably sell the emmons to someone, but it is easier to trade. please let me know by email, banjobacher@hotmail.com thanks

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2004 2:38 pm    

If anyone is interested in the ZB it might take me a few days to get back to you on account of a pretty impressive hurricane with 140mph winds is heading, by all current reports, right toward my house.
Duncan

Dale Dorsey

Granger, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2004 7:05 pm    

Hey Duncan;

Please make sure you get that guitar to high ground! Oh...and take care of yourself as well. My family is there also. Good luck and hope all goes well.

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2004 4:45 pm    

Hey Folks,
Back online after a few days without power, but after looking outside and at some of my neighbors houses, pretty lucky. If anyone is still interested in the ZB, it made it through the storm just fine. Thanks for the kind words Dale.
Duncan

Sonny Miller

Lino Lakes, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2004 11:02 am    

Say, I just sold my Guitar and i will buy this one if it is still for sale. I am waiting for my money to arrive now,and 1250.00 plus Shipping is the price i will pay for it, OK? Sonny

Sonny Miller

Post  Posted 17 Aug 2004 11:17 am    

We will need the case or a case to ship it in to ship it, when i send you the money by the post office. THanks Sonny

Sonny Miller

Post  Posted 17 Aug 2004 2:58 pm    

Duncan, my Phone number is 651-407-0161 Ask for Sonny.Thanks

Sonny

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2004 3:26 pm    

Sale pending. don't close her yet, but when payment comes you can wrap her up and donation will be on it's way. Thanks for the strings too b0b.
Duncan

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2004 4:38 pm    

Put it back to the top, the buyer backed out. I don't think he really understood ZBs. It's still for sale.

[This message was edited by Duncan Hodge on 18 August 2004 at 12:22 PM.]

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2004 8:45 pm    

one last bump before I have to take it to ebay.

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2004 4:35 pm    

You can close this one on down. It will probably be heading off to a less discriminating crowd.
Duncan