The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Williams 400 SD-10
B.Jenkins

Parkersburg, WV...U.S.A
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2004 1:41 am    

williams SD-10 3 floors and 6 knees, E-66 pickup.. Extruded knee's..Pedal attachment for the Hilton pedal.. Mahogany aprons ,Natural Birdseye top. Metal neck..
Never been out of my living room, played very little, excellent tone and pedal action.. $2300.00 shipping included to the lower 48.. email for photos.. crafters@charter.net
Billy

[This message was edited by B.Jenkins on 09 August 2004 at 02:45 AM.]

B.Jenkins

Parkersburg, WV...U.S.A
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2004 12:34 pm    

When I posted my Williams for sale, I wasnt aware of the trouble that I was letting myself in for.
First off, the reason that I am selling my Williams, Is I am going to a Universal 12 WILLIAMS... after posting here on the forum it was for sale, I have received 14 emails,all asking the same question, WHY?
3 of them said that after talking to me about how my Willy played, and it has the sound I wanted and the smooth action on the pedals and knee's, By the words that was used in some of the emails ,they were really mad at my selling MY steel.. and I was the reason that they bought or was going to buy a Williams.. Some backed out of there order of brand X guitar and bought a Williams, To me that is sheer nuts on there part.. When a fellow posted the photos on here of my new SD-10 Williams for me, I did it like all the others before had done, show your steel to the fellows so all can see a beautiful work of art, But for the other stuff, them buying so and so on account I liked it, and to be very honest with you, when I sold my brand X and ordered a Williams , I had no idea of what kind of steel a Williams was, I had never seen, heard or played one, Nor had I ever met the owner of the company, I just took a chance, and I was greatly rewarded for it. and thats about what I answered in the emails that I received and the phone calls
as well, and I am going to order a Universal 12 Williams as soon as sell the one I have now..
But 2 of the email that came to me questioned me about me getting a special price on my Williams..
I am not a dealer nor am I a salesman and I dont get any specials discounts from the William Company,, I am just a consumer buying a products just like all the rest, after all I would be the last person they would want to be spokesperson for there company, when you have all of the greats on here..
So now everyone knows why I am selling my Williams, and that should stop all the junk emails about WHY?..
Billy Jenkins

Rodney Leach

Stuarts Draft Va. 24477 USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2004 7:13 pm    

I have seen photo's of this guitar and I can tell you it is a beautiful lacquer Williams
guitar.You can't get a lacquer guitar from
any other steel guitar maker today with this
setup at such a price.Believe me I have tried.Most all sd-10 mica guitars with 3x4
start at 2400.00 with an added charge for
any extra's.It will usually cost 600.00 or
more above the normal price if you want a
lacquer finish over mica.If you have been
looking for a 2004 lacquer SD-10 with 3x6
you better jump on this deal.It don't get
any better.If I didn't have a girl in college and a wife that has threatened to kill me if I buy another steel,I would have the money in the mail as we speak.Billy is
only doing what all of us do.We are always looking to try something different and that is what keeps life exciting.

Ted Hughes

Ms. USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 12:39 pm    

This is a Great guitar to . Bill , Send me some pictures of the U12 Williams when you get it .

B.Jenkins

Parkersburg, WV...U.S.A
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 2:24 pm    

Ted I will do better then that, not only will I send you the photos, but when Sharon and I come down to visit you and Ruby, I'll bring it along so we can jam..
Billy

Ted Hughes

Ms. USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 4:23 pm    

Sounds great to me Bill . I'll get the coffee ready .

B.Jenkins

Parkersburg, WV...U.S.A
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2004 3:04 am    

bump please

Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2004 10:08 am    

Hey Billy, can you send me a cpl pics of your Willy? steel guitar I mean!!

B.Jenkins

Parkersburg, WV...U.S.A
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2004 3:30 am    

Skip, photos are on the way
Billy