The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Blue Darlin Fulawka" back up For Sale
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 10:57 am    

Well Don Wright just emailed me wanting to sell the D-10 Blue Birdseye Maple Fulawka that was made for me; that I sold to him and here is his explanation.
quote:
Dear Ricky,
I hope all is well with you and you family. I have reluctantly but firmly come to a decision to sell the Fulawka Blue Darlin'.
I have only found time to spend about an hour or so on it since I bought it, and only on the E9th neck. This is the Stradivarius of pedal steels, and being the hack that I am on pedal steel, I have no business keeping this wonderful instrument out of the hands of a true 'player'. One hundred years from now, this guitar will still and always be known as Ricky Davis' Blue Darlin'.
Of course there's always eBay, but I'd rather try the forum first. I still haven't joined, but if you wanted to list it for me, I would of course offer the customary donation to the forum when it sells. I know that you would have tremendous credibility on the forum while I am only known by a few local players. And I know we both want this holy grail of steel guitars to go to the best possible home which isn't too likely if I were to sell it on eBay.

I understand Don's statement and totally agree with the Man; that this Perfect machine and work of Art in beauty, needs to be with someone that will play it for all to hear and see for his enjoyment and others.
So with that being said; please contact Don to do the deal and his email is dwright@vfr.net His phone numbers are:
Don Wright
(916)-663-3833 (home)
(916)257-2100 (cellular)
And of course here are a few pics and I have the copedent in a word doc. if you want to see it; but it does EVERYTHING..ha

$4500.00 plus Shipping in the U.S. and ask Don if there are any other shipping possibilities.
Good luck and if ya hesitate this time; you may NEVER get another chance.
Ricky

Joe Alterio

Irvington, Indiana
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 11:16 am    

That guitar is GORGEOUS!

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 11:31 am    

That steel is ART!!.......and that's a cool shot of you playing on the Opry..I bet THAT felt special....thanks again for all your help the other day Ricky...

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 1:09 pm    

i think i'll ask my Nigerian friends to spot me some $$$ so i can buy this baby !
i can't ask my wife y'understand she'd kill me !

[This message was edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 28 July 2004 at 02:09 PM.]

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 5:10 pm    

Wow, what a beauty. If only I hadn't bought the last three steels that I bought. Hey Ricky, does your statement you made about the Marlen

also include your "Blue Darlin"? I'm not trying to trip you up or anything. I was just wondering if the Fulawka was "the pearl of great price", where someone was considered wise if they were to sell all of their pearls to buy "the pearl of great price" It looks tempting, but I might have to sell 'em all to make it work.

Duncan

[This message was edited by Duncan Hodge on 28 July 2004 at 07:44 PM.]

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2004 9:27 pm    

Chris eventhough that particular shot was my 5th time to play the grand ole opry; that was actually a special one because it was at the Ryman..yeee haaa.
Duncan; yes I stand by my statement to you. Actually your now Speedy West Marlen and the Marlen James Morehead has and my LDG; are the 3 best steels I've ever heard and my opinion is there is not a steel that can touch the tone of those three. My Fulawka is a Wonderful sounding guitar and a all around quality that far surpasses many and the playability was flawless and actually you can hear this guitar on Dale Watson's "One more Once More" CD and here's a clip off it> One More Once More Song File
And you can hear 4 more cuts from that CD right here> http://www.mightyfinemusic.com/music_and_video.htm
Have fun.
Ricky

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2004 10:39 pm    

Please Close as this baby has a New Home; and a very nice donation is on it's way to the Forum from Don Wright> thanks Don.
Ricky