The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1955 D8 Stringmaster
Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2004 3:56 pm    

Dated 11/55 under tuning pan. Blond, 22.5" scale, push button neck selectors, blend pot for pickups, with original tweed case.

Here is what I know. Top neck works perfectly and sounds great. The bottom neck rear pickup works great but the front pickup may need some work. Pickups are all original as are all of the pots which are quiet.

Original tuners work great and are not bent. No pitting or rust on the chrome (except where someone named "Chriss" engraved his name by the volume control). Blond finish does have a some paint flaking mostly on the ends and the top. Legs work great but will need new rubber feet. Originals are included but they fall off. Both chrome bridge covers in good shape and not bent. Missing the black "Fender" script logo between the necks but I did notice they make a replica as used on the Tweed Champ.

Tweed case in excellent condition with a little staining but no rips and the latches work well.

Overall this is a great player guitar and Jason Lollar can fix the pickup if you can't. I do have pictures available.

$800.00 includes shipping in the lower 48.

Thanks,

Harry

Gary Brown

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2004 4:35 pm    

Hi Harry,
I am interested and would love some pictures of the stringmaster. Thanks a lot.

Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2004 5:43 am    

Still available.

Bill Brown

Canadian, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2004 2:15 pm    

hi harry if you would call me at 1 918 424 2798 about guitar ok if i dont answer leave me your pho no ok my cell is with me from 7am to 8pm please call asap

Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2004 7:32 pm    

One last bump before I send it to ebay. This is a great guitar for the price and don't forget, it INCLUDES shipping which runs about $35.00 to $40.00. I emailed Jason Lollar about the pickup and he said it is only $25.00 to repair the pickup or $50.00 if it needs to be rewound. Everything else works perfectly and it sounds great.

Thanks,

Harry