8.______3________3_____3_______3
9._0*2____0_______________0*2__0
10.____________________________0

Ricky Davis

John Steele

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Jun 1999 10:49 am    

Hey Ricky,
I just wanted you to know... this morning I had to go down to the drug store and buy a loose leaf binder for all this great stuff, which I have labelled
"Ricky Davis" !
Thanks again,
-John

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 1999 12:34 pm    

Yea John; I was curious last night and I did a search in "Share a lick" for "Ricky Davis"; and I must of had 20 or so post on this thing. I know I am somewhat Obsessive on this kinda stuff; but I love the steel guitar so much, I can't help it. One of these days, I would like to buy a copy of that "Ricky Davis" binder from you; so I can put it on my wall under: "Obsessive Compulsive Behavior" .
Ricky

Dave Alfstad

Indianola, IA USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 1999 3:20 pm    

Ricky,
I've got to add my name to the list. I LOVE all this great stuff your posting. I too have printed off every sheet and am putting them in a binder. I feel the same way about steel guitar as you do. I converted from 6 string to steel 4 years ago and have made a living doing it for 3 years now and I can't believe how wrapped up in it you can get! It seems steel players are the most fanatical people when it comes to their instrument and even though I play the thing all the time and make a living doing it I still can't get enough. I think its awesome that you are posting these licks and sharing them with the rest of us. It gives me some new inpiration to go downstairs and spend even MORE time with my steels. (My wife will love that) That is the unique thing about steel players, the way they like to be around one another and promote each other. I like to call it "Spreadin' the Gospel". Well Ricky, you keep spreadin' and I'll keep printing them off and once again, thank you!

BTW, I have all of Dale's albums and think he's great! I can't wait for the new album to come out. I love your playing on the last one and maybe the next time you guys come through Iowa I can get out to see y'all. When will the next one come out?

Dave Alfstad
76 Emmons p/p
70's Sho Bud Professional
Sho Bud Pro II Custom
40's or 50's Rickenbacker D8
39 Gibson Lap Steel

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 1999 12:56 am    

Wow Dave; thanks so much and that is very inspirational to me too. Your list of instruments is also inspirational; good to see it. Our next CD will be out at the end of june; but it will only be for sale from us off the stage. It will be distributed in Europe only. That is the deal Dale had to make with our new record company:"Sire/Warner Bros." The new Warner Bros. CD should be out towards the end of the summer; but I am going to make a deal to all the forumites for them to get a copy of this personal project we just cut; from myself; so I will announce that when we get them. Thanks again and I really don't know when we are back that way. Check our schedule from time to time on the websight; as things are starting to get very busy and complicated.
Ricky Davis
www.dalewatson.realcountry.net