The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Derby D10 8+6 Imron Finish $4500 meet or pick up Lou Ky area
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 8 May 2024 1:31 pm    

Selling for a friend. I'll try to manage the sale for him for which a small incentive is included in the cost.

The color is pretty well represented in these pics. Beautiful Orange/Red tint w/MOP inlay front and back aprons. Sprayed Imron finish, not mica.

It's a late 90s era Derby D10 8 + 6. Day setup with standard changes. Es on left. all modern pulls such as raising 1 & 2 whole tone, lower 6 whole tone, LKV lowers Bs etc. Split tuners. Imron finish w/MOP inlaid wood body with aluminum necks. 5 of the levers are polished one is not.

I've actually forgotten what the 6th lever does. It's been a while since I've played this guitar. It has the typical Derby sound with the E66 pickups.

There is one marred spot in the finish that I don't see in these 2 pics.

I don't have any pics of the mechanics, but if you require some, I can probably get him to send me some. It's all stock Derby w/typical Day setup and modern pulls.

He has owned this guitar for probably 20 yrs. and it's sat in his non smoking music room most of that time with little play. I took it out to a gig several years ago and that's probably the only time it's been out since he bought it.

He keeps all his instruments clean and in nice shape. It comes with a nice case and leg bag.

He is asking $4500. [edit:] He doesn't want to ship but may be able to drive some distance in the area to deliver or meet up....or you can pick it up at his home. Louisville KY area.

Use my forum PM for contact. Sales restricted to conus. Payment will need to be by certified bank instrument or cash transfer in person.

Offer subject to revision or cancellation at any time.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 9 May 2024 7:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2024 3:47 pm     Pm

Pm sent

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2024 1:16 am     Derby reply

Beautiful lacquer Derby Jerry, Wow!!

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 9 May 2024 7:52 am    

Addendum: The owner doesn't want to ship the guitar. Due to the hassle and threat of damage to the guitar or finish or both.

He would like a regional deal within a couple hundred miles of the Louisville Ky area, say near St Louis, Nashville, Indy, etc. but he does travel to B'ham area occasionally.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 9 May 2024 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 9 May 2024 9:27 am    

Yes Steve, it is a very pretty guitar. My favorite color. It plays and sounds great...right up my alley...but out of my economic solvency.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 9 May 2024 9:50 pm    

Very very nice … great guitars …

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 10 May 2024 6:01 am    

Thank You my friend. Someone asked if this is a one owner...I'm not sure...I think it has had one other owner. My buddy has owned it for many years though and except for the earlier mentioned outing about 6 yrs. ago for which I played it, it's always been in his immaculate music room where it's been pampered same as all his other music gear.

Oh yeah, rear neck is standard C6 stuff. I believe it's G on top but of course that's easy to change if you need a D.