The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Caleb Montgomery - "Food Stamps Don't Buy Flowers"
Ryan Olson

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2024 9:34 am    

Hey, fellow steel guitarists!

You should read on if you like following steel guitar, classic country music, and young musicians.

My name is Ryan Olson. I am 20 years old and the steel guitarist for Caleb Montgomery and the Wild West Show. My bossman and friend, 20-year-old Caleb Montgomery, hails from northeast California cattle country in the Sierra Nevada mountain town of Susanville, near the Nevada border. Blending a unique, neo-traditional country style with hints of old Western cowboy, folk, and bluegrass, Caleb’s deep, truthful songwriting and raw vocal delivery add yet another layer to today’s Alternative Country and Americana genres.

Caleb recently signed with Label 22 Records in Nashville, TN, and his new album will be released this Friday, 04/12, on your favorite streaming platforms. Recorded at Hilltop Studios, the record features Nashville recording favorites Russ Pahl and Jenee Fleenor. The album has already hit the iTunes Top 10 Country Chart and the iTunes Global Top 50. As a lifelong musician, I highly encourage you to check out "Food Stamps Don't Buy Flowers" (https://calebjoelmontgomery.com/single/97441/food-stamps-don-t-buy-flowers) on iTunes and your favorite music streaming platforms this Friday (04/12/24)

Here's a link to Caleb's website: https://calebjoelmontgomery.com/home

Thank you for taking the time to encourage the next generation of country and folk musicians!

Don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
'73 MSA Sidekick 1x3
'74 Sho-Bud Pro II 5x8

Ryan Olson

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2024 9:38 am    

Hey ya'll,

It's me again! I just wanted to follow up and put out a reminder that Caleb's album is out now on all platforms! You can find "Food Stamps Don't Buy Flowers" on your favorite streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube Music, and more!)

Here's a YouTube link to "The Steel Guitar Ain't Cryin' (Anymore)", recorded at Hilltop Studios and with the one and only Russ Pahl behind Caleb on the pedal steel guitar. I encourage all fans of the steel guitar to take a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_OETtpIGSE&list=OLAK5uy_lZgBjz0BDF4wco26FIEbHL4bjbvFZwEnQ&index=2

Thank you all for supporting the next generation of musicians and Americana artists.

'73 MSA Sidekick 1x3
'74 Sho-Bud Pro II 5x8

Greg Forsyth

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2024 7:52 pm    

Ryan,
Thanks for bringing this music to the forum. After listening to the 2 songs on Caleb's website I'm highly impressed with the music and production of the songs. Also impressive is your ages. Love to hear young people being serious about the music your playing.

Ryan Olson

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2024 10:51 am    

Greg,

Thank you so much for your support of our music. Caleb is a fantastic bossman, musician, and friend. I am so thankful for the support of folks like you. We love what we do and Russ' work on the album is a testament to the fact that real Country and Americana music is alive and well.

Thank you for your kind words and support!

'73 MSA Sidekick 1x3
'74 Sho-Bud Pro II 5x8