The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cord Fitch Memorial So IL Steel Show April 18-20 Vendors!
Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2024 7:20 pm    

We have been working on the finishing touches to the show. We will continue to update if there are any changes. The Cord Fitch Memorial Southern Illinois Steel Guitar Show will be held in Mt Vernon IL at our new location, The Granada Theater in downtown Mt Vernon, IL:

Tickets for this year’s cord Cord Fitch Memorial Southern Illinois Steel Guitar Show are now available online at: (Click the link below).
https://www.thegranadatheatre.com/
payment by credit card or cash only.
All tickets are General Admission; Thursday - $15. Friday - $35. Saturday - $35.

This year we have Mel Tillis Jr. performing many of Mel seniors tunes as well as some of his own!
Country music icon Tony Booth will be delivering his many hits like "Keys in the Maillbox" and "Cinderella."
Norm Hamlet, a 2-time hall of fame legendary American steel guitarist who performed, recorded, and toured with Merle Haggard for 49 years. Additionally, he was also band leader for Merle's band "The Strangers" winning 8 ACM awards during his time as band leader. Norm teams up with Mario Carboni, also known as the Honky-Tonk Rebel, and they travel all over the country to entertain fans, showcasing select hits from the Bakersfield Sound. And returning by popular demand, the incredible Leona Williams and Ron Williams.

Headlining Steel Players in addition to Norm Hamlet performing include Mike McGee, Mike Sweeney, Tracer James, a trio of young blood steeler's from Central Illinois known as The Illinois RoseBuds (Nick Stine, Kendall Scott, and Clayton Deering), and that guy, that for years on the road looked at the back side of Bocephus, and now tours with Jamey Johnson, the sensational, Cowboy Eddie Long!

RFDtv Midwest Country's Dennis Stroughmatt will be helping out all weekend on the stage with Fiddle and Vocals so do not miss his show on Saturday as he always has a great and memorable performance, joined by Darrel Cummings.

We have a tremendous group of steel players local and not so local performing including Dave Flanagan, Ron Kyne and Lil Man, Barry Wheeler, Darrel Cummings, Larry Baker, Dan Burnham, John King, Gary Sill, Gary Lloyd, Dave Bolin, Carl Borders, Roger Crawford, Larry Dolan,and Janice Zilm.

And Lets not forget our fabulous stage band members.
Finally, the most important reason we put on this steel guitar show is to help support and raise funds for the Shriners Hospitals for Children. All proceeds beyond the operating expenses of the corporation are donated to Shriner's Hospitals for Children.

We have set aside 80 rooms at the Mt. Vernon, IL Comfort Suites at $105.00 plus tax. We'll have others available shortly. If you have already made reservations elsewhere, that's ok. It's a short drive from any of the Interstate area hotels to the Granada Theater.
To go to Comfort Suites Discounted Room Rates, go online at:
https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/ti17z0...
Mt. Vernon, IL Comfort Suites
Call and reserve Your Room Now (618) 244-2700

Enjoy the Show!

Southern Illinois Productions Board Members
President Mark Fitch
Vice President Dennis Stroughtmatt
Treasurer Tonya Fitch
Secretary Dan Huebel
Member Gerald Mays
Member Donnie Yearwood
Member Jeff Stoffel
Member Dow Smith
Member Joe Arview
My 1937 Oscar Meinel Violin, a 1925 Strad Roth Violin, a 1926 Amati Roth Violin (just wish I could play it like Tommy Jackson), 2018 Milkman Steel Mini, 2023 Milkman Pedal Steel 85, a Fender 800 5x4, and a 6x2 long scale Fender 400.

Last edited by Dennis Stroughmatt on 16 Apr 2024 9:04 am; edited 3 times in total

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2024 7:21 pm    

Please see our schedule

My 1937 Oscar Meinel Violin, a 1925 Strad Roth Violin, a 1926 Amati Roth Violin (just wish I could play it like Tommy Jackson), 2018 Milkman Steel Mini, 2023 Milkman Pedal Steel 85, a Fender 800 5x4, and a 6x2 long scale Fender 400.

Last edited by Dennis Stroughmatt on 11 Mar 2024 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kendell Scott

Effingham Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2024 6:34 pm    

Can’t wait!

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2024 6:43 pm    

Schedule has been updated! Discounted show reservations at The Comfort Suites is only extended for a few more days. Get your rooms and tickets now....

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2024 7:44 pm    

Dennis, what is the parking situation at or around the theatre?

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2024 3:21 pm    

what Larry said--plus where do the players unload equipment.

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2024 5:43 pm    

We will have close general parking across the street, down the street, and on opposing corners. We are working on some other parking solutions to add even more parking in the general vicinity, all less than 2-3 minutes from the entrance.

For unloading of players, there is parking immediately behind the theater stage with parking spaces for a player's vehicle. The crew will be available there to help players to the loading dock/backstage with amps, guitars, and etc.

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2024 9:58 am    

We are excited to offer a pedal steel guitar workshop this year with steel guitar guru Mike McGee on Saturday morning April 20 at 10am in the side room of the Granada Theater. The cost will be $50 and will last over 2 hours. You can bring your guitars to learn some new licks or just learn about the instrument. Mike is a legend of the southwest Missouri music scene having worked with many top performers in the industry including Stan Hitchcock, The Hager Twins, and many other stars of Hee Haw. Mike will perform his own show and perform with Tony Booth. 100% of proceeds from this workshop will benefit Shriner's Children Hospitals.

Dennis Wireman

North West Indiana 47978
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2024 6:23 am     Mike

Very nice looking
zum steel with the Cross on it. My daughter and I will be there God willing with 2 nice steel guitars, One is a new 2022 special built Emmons LLL3 with new case and alot of other steel items, please stop by our booth and check things out and will be nice meeting old and new friends.

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2024 1:48 am    

Hello all. Here is an update for our schedule, and also note that we will have an active jam room this year from 10am to 4pm on Friday April 19 and 1-4pm on Saturday April 20.

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2024 1:10 pm    

TTT

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2024 10:39 am    

This is the week! 4 days to kick off!

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2024 9:41 am    

We are also excited about Gene Mulvaney from Branson, MO, performing at the show. Gene is a multi award winner for Steel Player of the Year in Branson. Gene is originally from Illinois, about 30 minutes from Mt Vernon. We are happy to have him come and visit! He will be performing on Friday afternoon.

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2024 9:06 am    

Some of our many vendors that will be at the show:
Sill Music Supply
Dennis Wireman
Tom Sosbe
BMI Steel Guitars
Rittenberry Guitars - Derek Puckett
Dave's Studio Barn

and more....

Dave Flanagan

Mt. Vernon,Il.
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2024 5:44 pm    

Come and enjoy, the fastest growing steel guitar show going, has been said about this show by many professionals in the field. 20 + years and many years to come Smile