The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1970 Emmons Push Pull D10 (8x5)
Kyle Gnadinger

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2024 6:21 am    

Up for sale is my 1970 Emmons Double Neck Push Pull Serial #1459D. I purchased this guitar from Tom Vollmer in March of 2021. It's an incredible pedal steel that I hate to let go of, but I have purchased another one that better suits my needs Mr. Green

8 pedals and 5 knee levers (2 left, 2 right, one vertical on the left side). It has a Day setup on the E9 neck, (mostly) Emmons on the C6. Pedal 4 has been set up to drop the B strings on the E9 neck, and there is a vertical knee left that raises the top strings on the E9 neck. I will include the Emmons volume pedal that snaps into the pedal bracket, and a custom dust cover for it.

Feel free to call, text, or email me with any inquiries, or if you would like me to send additional photos. Pickup in South Philadelphia.

$4000 OBO

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

kylegnadinger@gmail.com
502-609-7932

Matt Berg

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2024 7:44 am     Great Sounding Axe!

Just want to chime in that I've heard this guitar in person and I can say that it sounds really great to me.

I've done business with Kyle and I can tell you that he's a really straight shooter.

And if you're not familiar with Tommy Vollmer who set up this instrument, he actually fabricated parts for Emmons at some point in their history, so he was well aware of all the ins and out of guitars from this maker.

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2024 4:04 am     Day set-up.

Kyle: It's nice to see another Day set-up player, I think some people are afraid to buy your guitar because of the Day set-up. I've had trouble selling one of my S-10 P/P Emmons guitars only because of the Day set-up. And I wont change mine back to the Emmons set-up, because I'm stuborn and I think everybody should play the Day set-up. So, I just keep all my guitars. But, it's not that hard to change it over once you buy it. And your's is priced very afforable. Good luck with your sale. Thanks, Tommy.....

John Kubicek

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2024 3:35 pm    

I Have 1462 and it is awesom

Landon George

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2024 11:39 am    

Love this guitar! Hope to see it go to a nice home.

Brian Gattis

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2024 12:50 pm    

I have 1479D and its a BEAST!

Kyle Gnadinger

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2024 5:42 pm     New Beginnings

I appreciate the replies from everyone. It's a beast alright Laughing but now gone to a new home. A double neck push pull is the Cadillac of pedal steel guitars. I hope it continues to be loved and provide inspiration to those who play it.

Tommy I like the Day setup. I started playing it because of this guitar, although I really don't mind either way. I find it pretty easy swap between Emmons and Day so it's fun to have both.

John and Brian we had 1459 1462 1479 what a great run of steels they don't seem to age do they?

Matt and Landon nice to hear from you all Mr. Green

Donation has been sent please close.

SOLD