Tom Sosbe

Rushville,In
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2024 8:36 pm    

Sunday, March 3 2-5pm
OUR NEW LOCATION
Morgan County Admin. building
180 S. Main st.
Martinsville In. 46151
Come on down and bring a friend and your guitar.

Mike McBride

Indiana
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2024 11:24 am    

I plan on being there. Really some talented players in the club.

Kyle Minor

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2024 7:01 pm    

This was a lot of fun.

Jeff Sullivan

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2024 12:10 pm    

I’m a new member and live in Indianapolis. I’ve only played for a little over a year. I’d love to connect with some more experienced players locally. Do these meet ups happen often? I joined this group a couple days late it seems.

Mike McBride

Indiana
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2024 1:29 pm    

Next meeting is in June

Tom Sosbe

Rushville,In
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2024 6:16 pm    

The June meeting will NOT be a jam. It is our annual Show. This year we are featuring the one and only Mike Sweney. details coming soon.

Kyle Minor

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2024 10:05 pm    

Hi, Jeff,

Like you, I'd welcome more opportunities to get together for a jam with some other players in the Indy area, as a means of continuing to grow as players. I don't have a space to offer, but if we could find one, I'd gladly bring my guitar, bass, and/or Wurlitzer electric piano and participate in trading off instruments as we might have need.

Since we might not have the expert pedal steel players who were in Martinsville with us (and, believe me, some of them were thirty or forty years into being good), maybe we could build a couple of hours around a set of accessible songs with which everybody could get familiar before arriving. For example, maybe we could build it around ten well-known Hank Williams songs (I-IV-V or I-IV-II-V, most of them.) Or maybe, if there was interest in non-traditional ways into the instrument, maybe we could make and share a Spotify playlist of some other-than-country songs that might be an easy go the first time around. (For example: Songs from Beck's Sea Change album or R.E.M.'s Automatic for the People, Dylan's "Love Sick," a couple of blues standards, some straightforward stuff without a lot of complicated chord changes, maybe some Pink Floyd songs that already favor slide and steel approaches, maybe some straightahead rock stuff like T. Rex's "Bang a Gong," etc.)

It would be cool if we had two or three pedal steels, and at least a bass and a good drummer and a guitar or two, just so we could stretch out into the songs like in Martinsville, and play the pedal steel in a band context. Maybe we'd find some interesting new ways into some of the songs we chose, too.

If others are interested, why not express your interest on this thread, and then we could make plans offline. You can reach me by direct message on this board, and I think Mike already has my phone number, too.

Kyle

Mike McBride

Indiana
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2024 2:30 am    

Count me in. I play bass, guitar, saxophone. I drum machine/track could work to start.

David Lee Todd

NW Indy, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2024 5:31 am     More INDY steel jam opportunities….

Count me in.
I too would welcome more steel jamming opportunities in the INDY area. I am relatively new to pedal steel, but have a few and love it!
I play bass in a couple of bands and could play rhythm guitar… PM me and let’s possibly put something together?