The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ReSound '65 With Picture
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2024 2:22 pm    

Today, I played an Emmons ReSound '65 for the first time at Emmons Guitar Company!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2024 7:39 pm    

Nice one. It would just make me want it more.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2024 8:10 pm    

You look right at home sitting behind that Resound 65 Brett! 😎 Looks like it agrees with you.

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2024 6:53 pm    

The smile on your face says it all, Brett!

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2024 11:45 am    

This time at Emmons was even greater because as soon as I walked in, I met Kelcey O'Neil and while looking at steels, he asked me if I wanted to play, so I said yes, and I sat behind an Emmons ReSound '65 and right in front of me was the first Emmons steel that belonged to Buddy Emmons. It's on display in the middle of the shop. I told Kelcey the last time I was at Emmons in 2023 I used a white polymer bar and wondered if they still had it, and it was sitting on a table in the back of the shop and I used it to play and it felt really good in my left hand! The Emmons ReSound '65 sounds awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2024 7:10 pm    

So you are tempted to place an order? I don't know if I will ever get to play one but the sound I've heard is outstanding.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2024 7:13 pm    

Larry Dering wrote:
So you are tempted to place an order? I don't know if I will ever get to play one but the sound I've heard is outstanding.

Larry, I love the ReSound '65, but I've got a Jackson Blackjack Custom that is my main pedal steel. The sound is definitely outstanding! All these years of playing pedal steel, I've loved the Emmons steels of the sixties.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2024 7:49 pm    

Yes the 65 was a special one. I heard young Jack Phillips play his 65 on a Fender Twin in Oklahoma. I can't imagine a better tone and a more accurate representation of Emmons material. It was magical.