The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  * E9th Class at Southwestern Steel Show * January 20th *
Larry Toliver

Merkel, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2023 11:42 am    

Hello fellow steelers,
I will be holding an intermediate to advanced E9th Seminar on Saturday morning, the 20th of January, from 9am til noon.
I have a couple of ideas for songs in mind, however...I am going to put this out there for those who plan to attend!

If you have a sugggestion for this E9th class...reply here in this post.

As always, I will have a tablature booklet with songs tabbed out fully, a cd with both the track and the song as it should sound with the track. I will also have several pages of licks, intros, and turnarounds for you as well. They will also be on the cd to help you learn.

We will also cover bar technique, pedal habits, tuning, chimes, soloing, etc.
I sure do look forward to seeing you at the class in 2024 in Mesa, Arizona.

Feel free to call me at 325.518.3947 cell
email is tliver1956@gmail.com
An Infinity D-10 with 8 & 9, now a Telonics Combo Amp with an M1XL TC effects unit, and a Telonics Volume Pedal with that crazy blue light, a Session 115 and matching cabinet, and a Peterson Flip tuner with another blue light!

Last edited by Larry Toliver on 1 Dec 2023 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Toliver

Merkel, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2023 9:25 pm    

Well,
I haven't received too many song requests. I've had quite a few people interested, but no one has spoken out so far. I already have the main song I will be teaching at the class. Randy Beavers is one of my favorite players, and he had a song he played at the Phoenix/Mesa show a few years back and also I heard him play it at Dallas. it's called 6 to 9. A C6th sounding song played on E9th. It is what I will be teaching. I will post a link to hear the song.
I usually have anywhere from 15 to 18 students at this show...They always show up.

Later,
Larry T
An Infinity D-10 with 8 & 9, now a Telonics Combo Amp with an M1XL TC effects unit, and a Telonics Volume Pedal with that crazy blue light, a Session 115 and matching cabinet, and a Peterson Flip tuner with another blue light!

Michael Sullivan

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2023 10:14 am     Larry Toliver's seminar

Hey Larry, Sign me up for your seminar! I have always enjoyed learning what you have to offer, see you in January!

Larry Toliver

Merkel, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2023 8:42 pm    

Wow,
I didn't know you got those pictures. Thanks for posting and for the pictures too. I'll definitely put you down for the class. I do look forward to seeing you again....and I want to hear more about y'alls River Boat Trip on the Danube.

LT

Larry Toliver

Merkel, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 8:10 am    

Getting a few more calls now for the class. It is filling up nicely. I'm getting excited to see everyone again.
The 2 songs are 6 to 9, and I'm Just a Poor Wayfaring Stranger. They are inspired by Randy Beavers, and Russ Hicks. Let's go to the Mesa Arizona Steel Show!!!!!!

Larry Toliver

Merkel, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2023 10:04 pm    

Here's the link for 6 to 9:

https://youtu.be/wud02zPRM-Q

Randy Beavers gave me permission to put a link up for the class. He's also going to go through the song with me and make sure I have it like he wrote it. He's an amazing and nice guy. Thanks Randy!!

I'll put the link for Wayfaring Stranger here tomorrow:

Let me know how you like the songs.