The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dan Hedlund
Richard Vogt

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2023 8:26 am    

I just heard a very good friend and pedal steel player of mine has passed away so sad,he played steel guitar.behind many.well known singers a many.steel guitar shows never meant a stranger.His idol was Buddy Emmons and he is probably playing with him now.I will keep you all posted when I find out more,Dan Hedlund I will see you on the other side some day RIP my friend Dick

rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2023 3:39 am    

Great guy gone too early.. Always enjoyed his playing!

Annette Myers

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2023 7:11 pm    

Dan Hedlund was my uncle. He left us suddenly and now is with Jesus. I will miss him terribly! He taught himself to play the steel guitar at a young age and playing his Buddy Emmons steel was his life. I know he loved playing the Steel Guitar Shows and meeting everyone. His Service is October 14th at Powell funeral home in Sigourney, Ia. And yes, his guitar will be there also. Thank you for all your friendships to him!

Clark Connell

Des Moines,Iowa USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2023 3:56 pm     Dan Hedlund

Very saddened to learn of Dan's passing. A great player and a great guy. We will miss you Dan. RIP.

Emmons LeGrand II Lacquer 8X8 Two Tone tan & brown, Show Pro D-10 Red Lacquer 8X8,
Show Pro D-10 8X8, red lacquer; Mullen G2 D-10 8X8 Teal,
Evans FET 500, Peavey Nashville 1000,Peavey Vegas 400, Webb 6-14E, Sho-Bud Amp, Profex II, Sarno Black Box, Sarno Tube Preamp, Blue Tube Preamp,MosValve 500 Power Amp, Lab Series L5 Amp, Quilter Power Block 200 Eminence PF-400 in Telonics cabs.

Jerome Vogel

Northern Arizona
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2023 6:54 pm    

Boy, I hated to find this. Dan was one of my favorite players and persons in Iowa. He was always a favorite at local steel guitar shows, admired for his tasteful playing and impeccable tone, and he was just a good guy to be around. Later on, he struggled with hand/wrist/nerve problems from his work in masonry, and I was impressed by how well he still played, despite that. Singers were particularly drawn to Dan, for good reason.

I especially valued the years he came to steel shows with Larry Whitmore. What a pairing that was.

RIP Dan.