The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New patent pending hybrid slide steel from Caladesi Guitars
Dan Campbell

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2023 7:29 pm    

Here is a first look at the new "Slide Guitar Hybrid" from Caladesi Guitars. I initially was going to call this a "Stand-Up Steel," but I now think "Slide Guitar Hybrid" is the best description. It is a slide guitar on steroids, and I'm calling it a hybrid because it is neither a lapsteel (that is held on your lap) or a slide guitar (that is played vertically with a finger bar). This guitar is customizable to an extent - wood, scale, and pickup can all be customized. It also has the option of adding benders.

It is similar to the Electro-Liege but with significant differences. It is made in three parts: belly body, neck, and electronic body. The "belly body" has a stabilizer extension that is approximately 2.5 inches wide and has a concave curve that slants the guitar forward and keeps it held securely in front of the player. The belly body can also be moved in order to push the neck and electronic body forward (any preferred amount up to 3 inches in length). This option allows the player to easily reach the upper frets.

he double pickups are Seymore Duncan Custom mini-humbuckers and they come with a 5 way switch! Select bridge only, two outside pickups, both humbuckers, the two inside pickups, and the neck hum. That’s a lot of different sounds! Together the two sound amazing with amazing resonance.

Also the guitar weighs between 6 and 7 lbs. the belly body and electronic body are both hollow and the neck has a hollow cavity under the fretboard.

I can put any pickguard color/material you want. Look at WD Music and pick from a huge selection.

I would encourage you to ask questions about this instrument. I am off the Ireland from September 1 - 14 but will check this topic and answer questions as soon as I can. Check out costs on for sale section. Dan