The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Franklin Program?
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2017 7:13 am    

I'm kinda starting to wonder IF this is going to happen?

Seems like well over a month ago that they indicated "less than 2 weeks away"???

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2017 8:27 am    

Be patient. It will come. They obviously ran into an issue they did't count on.

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2017 4:07 pm    

I think Paul discussed the issue in another thread - they had intended to release with most of the E9 courses, and then do the C6 further down the road. The response they got indicated a stronger interest in C6 than anticipated, so they decided to get a lot of that up and running before releasing.

Too much effort for it to go away, I think. As we say in the islands: soon come!

Ronnie Acton

Clifton, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 7:41 am    

Just got a message from Franklin team, they are gonna be launching Jan. 1 and also have a free test drive of some of lessons in Dec. I would guess and they are also gonna offer a 3 month payment plan according to message. So if you signed up look for message from them for all of details, sounds good to me.

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 7:45 am    

See my last post here:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=321821&start=75

Patrick Thornhill

Austin Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 11:58 am    

The 3 payment option in the email says $185, which would be $555. If there was some Lysdexia at work in the email and it's $158, that would be $474 - a buck less than than the intro special price. So I'm inclined to think it's supposed to say $158, but can anyone confirm or deny?

Either way a year subscription is definitely going to be my Xmas present to myself!!
Laughing

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 2:24 pm    

Yes, I rec'd that notice of 1/1/18 launch date,,,,and cost.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 3:23 pm    

Patrick Thornhill wrote:
The 3 payment option in the email says $185, which would be $555. If there was some Lysdexia at work in the email and it's $158, that would be $474 - a buck less than than the intro special price. So I'm inclined to think it's supposed to say $158, but can anyone confirm or deny?

I can't say definitively but it is very common for subscriptions to be somewhat cheaper when paid all up front rather than over time in several payments, the difference basically being a finance charge. So I'd bet it is correct as stated, $185/mo.

Patrick Thornhill

Austin Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 3:37 pm    

Quote:
I can't say definitively but it is very common for subscriptions to be somewhat cheaper when paid all up front rather than over time in several payments, the difference basically being a finance charge. So I'd bet it is correct as stated, $185/mo.

Yeah, but the three month thing would be $25 cheaper than the full price of $575.

According to the email it's $575 per year, there's a special intro rate of $475, and there's going to be an option to split the cost into three payments totaling $555. So something is incorrect I reckon, just not sure what it is....

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 3:46 pm    

Nothing is wrong. The full price of $575 doesn't start until Year 2. The first year is simply $475 if paid up front and $555 if paid in installments (so you still get a small discount versus Year 2 pricing). Nothing surprising there.

Patrick Thornhill

Austin Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 6:19 pm    

The email I got says nothing about how long the introductory pricing will be available, what the cost of annual re-subscription will be, or if there is either a discount or added cost to subscribing via the three month pro-rated option.
I guess you must've gotten a different email.

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 9:19 pm    

We're offering an introductory sale price on both options for a limited time, and it's a not a just a one-day or one-week promotion. The regular "all-at-once" price is $575, the 3-month payment plan at the regular price will be $219 per month for three months. The introductory sale price is $475 if you pay it all at sign up and $185 a month for three months when you spread it out over the first three months of your enrollment.

After your first year of enrollment you can maintain your access via a monthly plan at a rate to be determined...but it will be much less than $575 annualized over 12 months. This will allow students to continue to enjoy all of the existing and new videos being regularly added to the course by Paul.

We're very excited to get things rolling. The Test Drive on December 10th will give everyone a chance to experience most of what the complete Course will look and feel like, with several videos chosen by Paul to showcase the Method's content, features and helpful learning functions.

John

The Paul Franklin Method Team

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 4:50 am    

I got distracted by misreading this initially, (and becoming quite confused) and am only realizing my misunderstanding.

There is no 3 month enrollment (trial offer).

The alternatives being presented are all about payment plans for full year tuition. Full year tuition (paid in full or in segments) is the only option.

Is that correct?

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 9:31 am    

I hope the lessons aren't as complicated as the pricing! Whoa! IMHO, they should just make it a $50/month subscription.

But then what do I know about marketing? Rolling Eyes

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 10:00 am    

b0b, I think you have done an excellent job of "marketing" the Forum, so I think you know more than you take credit for.

I also agree with the $50/month subscription, based on a 1 year commitment. Would work for me, but I have discussed that before, but apparently speaking to the wind.

Jon, I would say pretty much. Either pay in full to start, or do it in 3 monthly installments.

Apparently there is a need to recoup investment as quickly as possible. Just my opinion.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 10:25 am    

They might be able to recoup investment if it was $50/month or $500/year. Easy math for any prospective customers.

But I'm not a number cruncher - I just like round numbers. Things might look very different from inside the organization.

Jason Lynch

Essex, United Kingdom
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 12:05 am    

Bob, the trouble with paying per month is that many may find it too hard and stop paying after two or three months, but paying for the whole year in advance kind of encourages you to persevere. after all, you've already paid for it. and if you give up, they have your money anyway!

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 8:17 am    

Jason Lynch wrote:
Bob, the trouble with paying per month is that many may find it too hard and stop paying after two or three months, but paying for the whole year in advance kind of encourages you to persevere. after all, you've already paid for it. and if you give up, they have your money anyway!

They could follow the examples of Adobe and others. By signing up, you agree to a one year contract. If you want to quit early, you have to pay a penalty, similar to cell phone contracts.

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 8:46 am    

I agree Richard, this model is used by Adobe, Microsoft, and many cell phone companies as well. A one year contract with a penalty clause for non-performance of monthly payments. If it didn't work, they wouldn't be using it.

I think a lot more people would participate in this venture if so much upfront money were not required, but they made the call not to, so it is what it is.

Jim Fogarty

Phila, Pa, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 3:22 pm    

As I mentioned in another thread, it's VERY easy to spread out those payments over a year.

Put in on a credit card.

If so.....

$44 per month (likely less) would be what it would cost if you put $475 on a credit card and paid it off over a year. That's at 18% interest. You can probably do better.

So.....there are options.

As has been said, IF you really want it, you'll make it work. If not, you'll find an excuse to not do it.

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 3:51 pm    

...and I love the way that people who have all these nice things like to twist the knife in the backs of those of us who don't....

...and just don't want to hear about us poor folks..

Jim Fogarty

Phila, Pa, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 4:12 pm    

DG Whitley wrote:
...and I love the way that people who have all these nice things like to twist the knife in the backs of those of us who don't....

...and just don't want to hear about us poor folks..

Oh stop.

"Twisting the knife". "All these nice things"!?!? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

What YOU'RE asking is that the Franklin Method people cater to the MAYBE 1% of people interested in this stuff that don't have a credit card. Why do you think THEY should finance you, if you can't finance yourself?

Trust me, as a working professional musician all my life, while I get by, I certainly don't have a boatload of cash laying around. And I've eaten my share of ramen noodles and lived in shitholes......for YEARS.....to "finance" my passion. So, I get it.

But when that was the case, I never expected anyone else to cater to me.....or spent countless posts complaining about things I couldn't afford.

All I did here was provide advice of an option for people who can't afford an upfront payment.

Take it or don't.

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 4:21 pm    

I have not asked a soul to finance me, I simply said what I could afford, nothing more, nothing less. They have made their decision and the answer was no. I considered that the end of it until you decided to drag it up again. I won't be part of it and I certainly hope you are very happy about it.

And you are certainly not the only one who has had to eat the cheap noodles and play in places where dogs roamed on the dance floor, been there, done that.

So enjoy Jim, best wishes on your journey!

And no need to reply, I won't be around for the next year or so while the rest of you brag on what you've learned. I'm sure you don't care.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2017 10:00 am    

Well, this took a nasty turn. I'm closing this topic as the original question has been answered.